Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

So Easy to Forget

17 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right on! That was my thought for the day! How easy it is to foget what a horrible acvitity smoking is. I am keepting a daily journal as well. Here is another thougt on that line. I rembmer my last major quit (quite for 3+ years) and the one relapse that started antoher HALF DECADE of smoking! I just imaganie that momeent and say to myself NOPE (note one puff ever!) because that all it took to bring me down! I want to remember every moment of this quit and play it back when I even remotely think of smoking again! Hey how about a site where can record a video of our quit, sort of an online video journal! lol;
  • Quit Meter

$51,127.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 779 Hours: 16

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, I so agree with everything you said, and look at you at 84 days. How fantastic. What is it about smoking and seeing people smoke that make us go "aaahhhh, I wish I could smoke". It may be like that for a long time. Those memories of us as smoker's. Smoking is great....except for the small detail that it is killing us ever so slowly. Keep up the great work, 84 days is just wonderful!!! When I grow up as a non-smoker, I wanna be like you! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 628 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I absolutely agree with you Windy.. I too never want to forget how miserable I felt when I smoked. You are doing beautifully with your quit sweetie.. I am so proud of you and YOU must be so proud of yourself too! Great things come to great people.. and I consider you one of the many great people here at SSC! (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 697 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $306 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
windy, i understand entirely when i think of how i used to go outside if it was a place i couldn't smoke i too am now happier hugs lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 631 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$113,570.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 15

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When I quit smoking, I was so sick and tired of it. I was sick and tired of how it controlled my life. I was sick and tired of how it made me feel about myself. I was tired of going outside in the cold to smoke by myself. I was tired of the fact that sometimes I could hardly stand it because I was busy and could not get my fix. I was embarrassed about how I smelled. I avoided social activities because they interfered with my addiction. Now..........it is so easy to forget. It's easy to fantasize about how wonderful it would be to have that cigarette (I have to admit I was envying one poor frigid fellow today) I was incredibly unhappy as a smoker. It interfered with everything I wanted to accomplish in life. Today I am healthier, I am more active and I can enjoy my social life. I still have memories and even some cravings but I don't EVER want to forget how miserable I was when I smoked. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,697 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, I share your feelings ... That's why, for this quit, I've created an image of "burning the bridge" to protect myself against any desire to smoke again. For me, smoking is no longer an option. Yes, I still have moments of discomforts, irritations, depressions, .... and I crave for comforts. In my previous failed quits, I believed that cigarettes would bring those comforts back ... and that belief took me back to smoking again! For this quit, I'm determined to rule out smoking as an option. The bridge was burnt & destroyed. There is no option to go back. Once you rule it out, it's easier for you to find other ways to cope with any craving feelings you may have at the moment! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,019 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $505 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You've hit the nail right on the head with that one, Windy! After a while it is easy to forget how much we actually detested smoking. That's how I feel right now. Looking soooo forward to Jan. 1. After a while its like smoking becomes "glamorous" in our minds once more as we only try to remember the good things. And actually envying the poor fellow puffing away out in the cold! And it really is cold outside now! Have you had the snow? I think what you're experiencing now is actually another phase of the quit...and that too, shall pass. I believe that you will be a big part of my motivation to stay quit this time, that along with the Zyban and patches. Talk to you soon, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I pray that I never forget how utterly disgusting smoking is & how it wasted so much of my time & blinded me to the deeper meaning of many truths due to being in a 'I need a fix' haze. Smoking: One of the biggest lies ever. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 207 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,229 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $828 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$54,513.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 8

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy I am online I will wait for a bit to see you get this.
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, Think of an ex-partner you may have dumped. Why did you do it? Because they were unpleasant... Consumed all your money and gave nothing in return.. A complete waste of time... Was making your life a misery... What does that remind you of?? And would you go back to them?? Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 295 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,860 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2212.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31

Reading this thread: