Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,669 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

The Rookery

17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
I tried not to post my meter for this particular post, but it posted anyway. good night. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
I've missed you penguin. And now I've found you. I've never come to this post before. Soon, I'm gonna catch up and read all of it. Please don't change your name, we all would miss you too much. There's a lot of strength in you that remains so silent, but it's as loud as a freight train in a tunnel. I'm just happy for now that I've found you. good night. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
I would say you have an army on your side. It would be really silly of ol nic to show his face right now. Today we stood strong. Tomorrow is another day. Each day is it's own. You are worth it and so is your son. Pass a good night and restore your energy because tomorrow - we're go'n at it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good afternoon Penguin, Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing :) I sure hope that all goes well with Worker's comp. for you. Waiting a few more weeks will give you some time to focus on yourself and your quit. I sure hope you're not in too much pain.. You're such an inspiration .. You've picked yourself up and dusted yourself off and I personally believe that if a penguin such as yourself can fly.. it'll be you to do it first! You have much determination and so much courage to move forward - one minute, one hour, one day at a time! hugs, Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
I have EVERY confidence in the world in you Penguin that you will be able to fly! Your post is honest, confident and filled with much determination ! I remember the post where someone said that Penguins can't fly.. but HEY, they don't KNOW YOU! You go ! SOAR !!!!!!!!!! ((((((((((((((hugz))))))))))))) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $252 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Hiya Penguin, I'm really behind in reading the posts.. sorry .. In the meantime ,, congrats getting through hell week ! Keep strong.. the breathing thing is something I went through and doing daily breathing exercises (with the help of a cd that I have), including gentle stretches have helped with my breathing and also with falling asleep and staying asleep. Stay strong my friend.. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 705 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
I'm here for you Penguin.. as you've been here for me.. Please please, hold on tight.... be strong ! [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/polarbearhug.gif[/IMG] ((((((((((((more hugs)))))))))))) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 747 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
Hiya Lady, Yeah hon, well I had slipped.. again, and I restarted my quit yesterday. There was a posting but I had it removed for my own personal reasons and I'm back up on that horse again. Have had some great support and I just want to start with a clean slate and a very fresh start. I'll be lurking around.. Thanks for your words .. [quote] I've watched you and seen you fight. You have what it takes to succeed in this endeavor. Do not give up on yourself. [/quote] This is what I really needed to read and I so appreciate you writing them. M. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 32 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Congrats to you with such a great, compassionate and supportive group of members you have here at SSC! They've stuck by you every step of the way. You are a very lucky person. All the best to you :) M. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: