Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

The Rookery

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, The goal of this site is to get us smoke free. As you said yourself, quitting smoking is a long process, and you reach a point and your resolve starts to wane. Maybe your tired of the trigger's and cravings slowly eating away at your resolve. That's been my down fall in past quits, so I understand the waning. But Penquin, you can do this...you have to believe you can do this and be stronger than the craves, the trigger's and the addiction itself. Whatever it takes to get you through the hard times when you really want a cig...you have to come up with a plan to keep you from purchasing that pack. You can do this penquin, and we will help you to make yourself successful, but only you can resist the future urges to purchase those cigs. Think about this long and hard before your quit date get's here. How are you going to handle those trigger's and craves differently this time. Make a plan and build up your resolve and strength...we are cheering for you!!! Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $308 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
Penquin, Your doing great!! Hang in there. I know it's not easy those first few weeks, but remember your reasons for quitting. When the junkie starts talking, push those reasons to the very front of your brain for all the junkie voices to see. Make sure your rewarding yourself, and if you ever need a HUG....just holler!!!!! (((((((HUGS))))))))))) I'm here for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 630 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
Breathe Penguin, breathe. You have to get through these hard craves. Every crave you make it through, you are actually a little stronger than before the crave. You have to fight it and fight it with everything you have. Take a nap, take a bath, read a magazine, make some tea, clean out a drawer....post and read in here. Do anything you want except smoke. You can do it....one breathe at a time! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 653 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
Penquin...keep keepin on....your doing fine. One day, one craving at a time. Remember, you are so not alone in this as you can see from this tread. You can do it!!! How has today been going? [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/kaitilina/ANGELanimated.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 672 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I call shotgun! and remember, the cig. lighter outlet is for cell phone charging. what is something really fun to put in the ashtray compartment? signing off as Smokeless too on another spot of earth today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
Rock Solid. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
thanks for reaching out. I'm kinda slumping. junkie thoughts telling me that i'm too busy to check out the site and too insignificant in what i have to say post. i know what they will say next. it's a mental dialoge. the non-smoker in me wants to put some quality time into this site again b/c its scared for when i might soon need it. I think I'll lie in the backseat for a while and give someone else a turn at the shotgun. Put the cuise control on though, will ya? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 257 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $125 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Ok, I can buy that one. How do you feel about nicodeamon? (here is where you rant and rave and throw things). If you aren't up to that then at least tuck in - this will pass if you let it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 428 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
How are you feel'n about the number "30"? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 427 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
Sure, but not for too long, I don't know how to drive. Why don't you go write us up some new directions, or look for someone trustworthy to ask. Hope your son is OK. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: