Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Stepping down

17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck Kevin! Kick some tail! You can do it! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 79 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thats the way but just take baby steps buddy. I`m on Zyban and its my 7th day today and I aint missing the demon at all. Praying you win this fight. Keep it up buddy. Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 428 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dunedad, Congrats on completing heck week!!! HUGS!! I'm sooo proud of you. I support your decision to go down to the 14mg patches. I'm sure you can handle it. Just be careful, you will probably feel some of the mood swings like you did the first week. Take it one craving at a time. You will be nicoteen free in no time at all. Have fun being the boss this week.....give them all heck and let me know how your doing on stepping down. Kaitilina [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 318 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kevin, Sounds like a great strategy and you have a great attitude to go along with it :) And as Phil said.."can get a bit hairy then for a while... " when stepping down. If you are prepared for that then you can cope. I started on the 14mg starting week 2 of my quit (did the gum thing for the 1st week) and I smoked 20 cigs a day..sometimes less, so I thought that 21mg would be too much for me.. Take baby steps and know that we're all here for you! [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/happy062.gif[/IMG] Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dunedude!! You go, buddy. I'm confident everything is going great for you; if not, you might have to fire yourself for having a bad attitude, huh? So be careful -- I hear the interim boss can be a real jerk. I'd send you a cuddly for congratulations, but just wouldn't know where to begin looking for such a thing. peteg (PS Thanks for the personal advice -- I'm in meetings until late tonight, but may be able to catch up with you when I get home) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,127 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok I did it! I went from 21 to 14mg....In a way I feel like I am going through the 1st day again. except without the craves. It is kind of wierd, I have had a headache for most of the day and other withdrawal symptoms. Except, I have not had the urge for a smoke to get rid of the withdrawals. That is a real good thing. DISCLAIMER: Now, to other new patch users. You saw me logicize (is that a word?) above. I knew in my heart of hearts I was ready for the next step. I was not willing to go another month of 21 mg. I feel it was a sound decision for me and MY QUIT. It may not for yours. Josie is right, if you have questions regarding this, and you dont feel it's right, in your gut, talk to a professional in the field. That is about as lawyerese as your gonna get from dunedad...not bad tho,huh?..... Thanks for your support --Kevin--- [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 294 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
I am stepping down from 21mg patch to 14 mg patch tomorrow. My 14th day of quit. From what I understand you are supposed to go 21 mg for 6 weeks. For myself, I think I am ready to step down. The reason being I think the 21 mg was too much to begin with. I smoked less than(usually 1-3 less) a pack a day. I have been receiving the same dose as someone who smokes 3 packs a day. So, there is the rationale for the premature, albeit appropriate step down, someone who smokes less than 10 cigs a day starts at 14 mg, I wasn't too far off that mark. And I have been doing the 21's for 2 weeks..I am ready! I am tired of treading water. I want to get this out of my system! I will do the 14 for 2 weeks and step down to 7 for 2 weeks. 1 month from today I plan to be off the patch and off nicotine for that matter! Of course I will need to keep my coping mechs close at hand. I plan on following the examples of those in front of me, and have an emergency nicotine plan (gum)if need be. Words of support is what I need...(I have 14's no 21's) no changing my mind now. I love NOT smoking too much to give it up!! --Kevin-- [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 278 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $59.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Thanks guys, I think today will be a great day. I sit here having coffee with no problems,(I take patch off at night). cigs used to go hand in hand with morning coffee. Today is a good day to do this because my boss is on vacation, so I am the boss this week. I can be a cranky jerk boss, if need be. Just kidding, the guys at work are very supportive, none of em smoke. I guess I tend to ramble 1st thing in the morning....hope some or any of this made sense. Have a great day everybody--Kevin-- [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 286 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dunedude, you step down if you feel you are ready. I stopped using the patch 5 days ago, and I am now completely nicotine free, and doind ok, so you will be fine lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$113,567.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6493 Hours: 11

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck! I think everything will be fine. As long as you want it! The quit, that is. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 809 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $188.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38

Reading this thread: