Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,684 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Strongyogi*, TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD

I think I have learned a valuable lesson

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan - I'm looking for you too! Hope you are doing okay! I've gone all weekend without my SCC fix...I get here .... and NO JAN58!! COME BACK!!! I NEED MY JAN58!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 418 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
Hi Jan - We were away for the weekend so I just saw your message tonight. You are strong and mighty - jumping right back in! When I was in University, I used to chain-smoke while I wrote papers. Once, I tried to quit smoking and I couldn't write a word...so I ran out to the store and bought smokes. Go forward afew years - Offices are smokefree and I still have to write big reports. It was such a struggle to learn how to do them smoke-free....but eventually I did! I don't think about smoking while I'm doing reports now. Soooooooooo...I figure that I will be able to relearn how to do other things smokefree too. Unfortunately, it's not easy and my mouth is starting to pucker up from all the sour candies I eat, the entire province of ontario will soon run out of Green Tea, and I will probably have to send my hubby for therapy after the days/weeks/months of tirades I send his way. Come on my fellow Canadian....it's getting cold out there! Quit for good now before we have to freeze our gizzards! (We need you here at SCC!!) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 417 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Hi Jan - I've been having one of my weepy days but seeing you back here this morning made me smile! Keep up the great attitude! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 432 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Hi Jan - It's Tuesday! Just wanted to say hi and see how you were doing??? I miss your posts! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 458 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bravo, Jan! I slipped many times during my 35 yrs of smoking, and this is my fifth "major" attempt to quit! :) Gonna is right! "Recognize that you slipped and get on with it. The world won't end tomorrow because of it." Good words! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 368 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How else to do you say it except - I slipped. This afternoon I was feeling down and tired. I knew I had things to do I felt like doing none of it. So I lay down, my head fully inside the pity pot and the voice said, " if you smoke you'll feel so much more like doing things. You'll feel better." That's all it took. I was on my way to the store and bought a small pack. This is how I feel. I have a headache, my heart is racing and the taste in my mouth is awful. Never again! I am just about to run a nice hot shower to get rid of that stale smoke smell, then put my patch back on. I will not beat myself up because what good will that do? Tomorrow is a brand new day and I intend to make it a smoke free one. Now, there is still one problem I'm having. It's this. After nearly 3 smoke free weeks I feel I should just be able to get on with life as normal. The way its always been. And I get angry with myself when I don't feel I want to do certain things. I keep having to remind myself that I am only in the beginning of this journey. I am expecting way to much, I know I am. I am soooo glad I have this site and all you wonderful people. I'd never make it through this otherwise. Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 593 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $171 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thanks everyone, your support means a lot to me, and the quit is what I want, and will gladly pay the price to maintain it. If this had happened 6 months ago, I don't know as I'd jump right back on the "non smoking" wagon. But all your support and friendship has definitely made this possible for me. I have learned how much I truly don't want to be a smoker! Have a good evening, Jan
Morning everyone!!! I have to say I feel really good today. I did what I said. I had a minor slip, realized what a dumb move it was, ripped up the pack, had a hot shower and put my patch back on. So yesterday morning I woke up smoke free, as usual! We were really busy yesterday, and it wasn't until I went to bed last night that I thought OMG, I wasn't on the computer at all. Well, I'm back full force today, and thanks sooooo much you guys, for all your concern and support! I couldn't do it without you! I consider the slip a small one and really don't want to change my quit meter. Talk to you all later, Cheers, a very happy, humble and grateful Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 639 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear you're jumping right back into the quit. I think some of us just have to find out if what the addiction (nicodemon) tells us is true or not (if you just have one it won't matter, if you just smoke you'll be able to accomplish this or that, yada, yada). My experience of slipping is almost identical to yours, which is my throat/lungs hurt, my face flushed, heart raced, I stunk, my mouth tasted like crap, and I felt miserable remorse. And to top it off, I didn't get a damn thing done afterward as I was too busy feeling awful! I'm glad to see you are not beating yourself up over it. I don't have an answer as to what to do about not finding the motivation to do certain things that you did in the past. But I do know that I am still defining "normal life" for myself yet. What seemed like normal life to me as a smoker does not always feel comfortable today as a non-smoker. When I start noticing that I do what Marie does, just take one day at a time, doing that day differently and knowing that some day I it will no longer feel different. Hang in there Jan58, Ericon [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $319 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WTG Jan!! Just keep right on the road to be free =) It is very hard at times but then there are very easy days too =) Remember, Rome wasnt built in a day but you are working very hard to build a solid foundation to quit =) Erm, not sure if that made sense but it made sense to me!! HA! =) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 113 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$36,308.66

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 422 Hours: 23

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: