Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Penguin is leaving

17 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, I am very sad you are leaving, even if it is for only a short time. You have been a supporter of mine since the start. Thank you. And now it is my time to support you. I am here for you. Whenever you need me. Please gather more information, on your quit, on smoking, on anything you need. Read it, absorb it, and then work on getting yourself ready to quit again. I sure hope you find your determination again. I know it is not lost. Please don't stay away for long! Your life is here with us. We will help you through this!! Check in with us, please!! And when you are ready to go for it again, we will be here, welcoming you with open arms!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,874 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $202.74 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Penguin - We are and will be holding a sacred space for your return... Love and blessings... Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,164 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $283.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Judy - That makes me sad but I know that you will decide when it is time to want to quit more than you want to smoke. You are a strong woman, full of encouragement and help for others. You will be missed! Let us know when you return! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 738 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $146 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,025.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5859 Hours: 23

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Penquin, I was sadden when I read your post, as you well know we are all different and live under different circumstances. I know in your heart of hearts you really want to quit. I don't remember how many times I tried but I know now that I did nothing to prepare for them. And I didn't have SSC to run to for support. You know how important that is, for the first 2 months I stayed on SSC, I didn't post much but I read and I know that you have done that also. I miss your inspirational and funny post. I hope your quit day is soon, and I can't wait to see what you new name will be. Just know that when you decide it is time we will be here waiting for you... Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,046 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $420 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$229,908.38

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 4

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin. On one side I am sorry that you have made the choice to leave and on the other side I am happy, glad that you will be coming back. Your choices are yours. Each time you go through you have learned. You are strong, and wise to how you work, the patternings that you use in your life and I know you will be able to beat this addiction. [quote] I need to be accountable to me or I will not succeed...a problem I have had for a good part of my life, I suppose and it is there I will start in preparation for next time. I realize now that I did not prepare enough for those really tough times that we must endure and that is now my goal. [/quote] I wish you well in finding your goals in preparing and having in place coping mechanisms. Penguin, please know that from where I sit you will get through this and you will be able to be who you really want to be. I will be here to support you and I look forward to your return. :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,557 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $577.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
All I can say is that we will be here for you come what may, just let us know when you need us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,070 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �222.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Judy. Do what you need to do. Prepare and get ready for your quit. Sometimes in life we just need to step back, re-evaluate and start again. You are not the first nor the last to resign a quit and come back later to be successful. There are many. What is important is that you do not quit quitting. You know from past experience that you are capable of a successful quit. You made it once before and I have no doubt you will again. You know how to reach me. I am always here for you. Lady. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 308 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,178 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1078 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Judy, I'm so sorry to hear this! I know how hard you have tried and I know how much you want this quit. When you want it more than you want to smoke, then you will quit... notice I said WHEN... not if. You WILL quit... I just know it! Come back soon! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 189 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,745 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $780.57 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 989 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/bbeplayaluna/crying.gif[/IMG] I am sad to see you go. Sad to hear the nico demon has again got you in his grip. Sad that you couldn't find the strength to make it over the hump. We will be here when you are ready. Gads I hate this addiction. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 387 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,689 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1354.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$794,745.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5682 Hours: 20

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
As you all know I have been struggling with this quit, and I have decided once again to take some time out, find renewed determination and commitment. Thank you to those who have been keeping me accountable this week. Lady...I know I can do this, and I will. I'm just not wanting it MORE THAN ANYTHING. I will be back when I do. Butterfly Swimmer - so grateful for your words last night while I cried. I need to be accountable to me or I will not succeed...a problem I have had for a good part of my life, I suppose and it is there I will start in preparation for next time. I realize now that I did not prepare enough for those really tough times that we must endure and that is now my goal. I have set a new quit date. I will not be signing in as Penquin (don't know why I had that name in the first place. I look nothing like a penquin.) This is a terrible addiction and I need to come to terms with that before my next attempt. That I am an addict and I cannot give in. Thanks Riverdale Man for being available tonight. Unfortunately I asked for help too late and my decision had already been made. I know that you will be one that is going to go far in helping the rest of us be who we want to be. Regards Penguin
  • Quit Meter

$330,386.85

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6026 Hours: 15

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: