Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,667 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Breakers

18 years ago 0 105 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great idea for the thread Lucy. I started on the patch and am glad that I had that option to be able to take the edge off. This is such a psychological chore for me so it was extremely helpful to have some assistance with the physical end of things as I have been trying to break the habit. I did two steps of the patch and now only use the gum when I feel as if I really need it. It has been an interesting journey so far. I knew I was an addict, but it has surprised me just how much this habit had taken control of me. It has been the most difficult to not have my coping mechanism to deal with the stresses of life. During my quit so far I have dealt with the holidays....a breakup (and happily a reconciliation) and the start of another semester of law school. The thought of going through final exams without smoking scares me...but that's another two months away and I plan on being much more secure in my quit by then. I still have a desire to smoke every day. But that desire is nothing like it was at the beginning. The voice of the nicodemon is more like a whisper now -- at the beginning it was a constant scream. For me the trick has been dealing with this one day at a time. And I tell myself it's ok to feel whatever I'm feeling. I may be angry...sad...despressed...feel deprived. I can feel anything I want, as long as I just don't smoke. And more and more, a new feeling has been creeping into my psyche.....PRIDE. I am truly proud of myself. I am proud of my strength and proud of the life that I am working on creating for myself. And this site continues to be an integral part of my process. For all of you old-timers who wonder if you should keep posting....please continue to offer us your wisdom. It is invaluable for those of us who are still early in our quits. Stick with it Breakers. And especially to Lucy and Sissy...thanks for continuing to reach out to our group and checking in. Lori [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 434 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Aunt Sissy and Luci Lou, I'll gladly be an honorary member of both (if that's permitted) - I need all of the support I can get. I've been pretty angry lately, too, and sad. I tried zyban before a quit I lost a couple years back and I stopped after a day and a half because it made me even more angry, hateful. I just figure if I can hang in there, it's gotta pass. Breathe deeply. I feel jealous of you 2 since I just lost the girl I was going to ask to marry me. She dumped me right before xmas, but she still wanted to be friends - I couldn't do that. Anyway, somebody call the waaa-ambulance... I'm very glad for you all. keep on keepin' on - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,314 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
18 years ago 0 663 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Luci-Lou - sounds like you are doing great. And congrats to all of you BREAKERS. Since I am right behind you guys, I look to you to catch any pitfalls you may encounter so I can avoid them as well. I also love seeing when the clouds are lifting and spirits are high, as I look forward to that much more than the pitfalls, for obvious reasons. I'm very proud of all that are hanging in there. This ain't easy, but it's doable. Let's be the proof. Keep on keepin' on - fish [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
18 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everyone, I quit cold turkey, then last mon I went to the doctor because of anger and she put me on welbutrin xl it has really helped me alot. I haven't got as angry as I was before and just kinda let things bounce off of me again. That feels good. I was getting tired of being agery all the time. My craving are all about gone :) and the ones I do get only last a second. Nicodemon is still talking to me too, but it is so easy to push him off to the side, I know the game he is playing from what I have learnt on here and will not let him win. I have been trying to cut back on my tons of food intake. Had gained 8 lbs then lost 5 and now right back where I was. Still cutting back. I take food to work with me now so when I would have smoked I have something to snack on. This is working to help me not smoke but not helping the weight. This week I started cutting back on what and how much I take with me. My addiction now is fruit snacks and cheesy popcorn. The friut snacks are fat free, but high cal and carb the popcorn is just unhealthy all the way around. Now I just take friut snacks, cup of yogurt, snack bar and a box of juicy juice. It has been easier as time goes on that I don't eat all the time. I guess it has only been a little bit over a month. I'll give it some time and adjust again when I see where I and going in the future. Congratulations on the wedding. It will be here before you know it. My first marriage I had a big wedding, my second and final marriage (this one is a definate keeper) we took off one weekend and went to the Smokey Mountains in Tennesee and came back married. :) Because of him and his strength and love I have made it this far in my quit and can now hopefully have a longer and healthier life to spend with him and my family(my nieces!!!) Gotta love these stats don't cha!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,667 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Luci- I had to read your post twice. I thought how did you know my husbands name and when did you talk him. :quest: My husbands name is Ryan also. It just took me a second to relize it. More and more like twins all the time Fish- Has I read the ash kickers post I see you had joined them way back. Didn't mean to try and steal you away from them. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,667 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
Hey fish, Good job on your quit, you are dong a wonder job also, pat yourself on the back for a job well done. You are a December quitter wich makes you a Breaker also. Join the club if you like. We are all here to support one another. Post with us and let us know how you are doing and help let us know what we may be up against that you have experinced that we have not yet. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,667 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just checking in. Two months quit today. Yay! ... and congrats to all you other Breakers. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/3/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,257 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $310 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You need brent's vegetable soup young lady! Recipe on the fat piggy page (self included!) Getting married!!!!!!!!Fantastic, someones' a lucky guy. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats to all you new quitters. It's not easy but doable. Be strong. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 236 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,736 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1062 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So - today i stepped down to stage 2 of the patch...so far so good...doesn't really feel much different to me... Lori - I think I am going to do basically the same as you...I may do this week on step 2 then week after on step 3, then hopefully I'll feel ready to take it off and go without...I will probably keep the gum with me in case of emergency too... I am a legal assistant!! wierd the similarities within our group... Lucy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,063 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $357 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: