Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Using Your Values as Your Compass IV

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fantastic Shari.

You are absolutely right, someone's Life's Purpose does not have to involve a career. Involving your spirituality in understanding your values and life's purpose is certainly important and even essential to many. I like your mission statement Shari! How great would the world be if everyone asked themselves that question?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've enjoyed this topic very much and I ended up with 25 values.  I printed them out in a nice font and color and keep it in my purse, to use as a compass if I feel I'm off track.  I, happily, have discovered that I am living my values and my values fit in well with my purpose of being a housewife, pet care giver, spouse.  I'm looking forward to "your life's purpose" in a later discussion. I think your purpose doesn't have to involve a career, but it can be other things too.  On a spiritual level, I don't think we're necessarily here for our own agenda and purpose, but God's.  So, I don't believe I'm wasting my life, in searching and trying things, but I'm living my preordained destiny.  For, me it's helping animals and people along the way.  My mission statement in life is:  How can I make the lives of animals and people better.  I realize the God part of this post is controversial for a lot of people and that's okay, I'm just stating what I believe and it's okay if you don't agree with it.  I've learned, recently, that I need to respect other people's opinions if I expect others to respect my opinions.  So, it's okay to agree to disagree with no hard feelings.  I'm not trying to start an argument, honestly.  Thanks.

Shari
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Now that you have clearly defined your authentic values you can now use them to guide you in your day to day life.

Ask yourself often (especially when feeling “stuck” or unfulfilled):

How am I honouring my values?
What can I change that would allow me to live more in line with my values?
Where am I stepping over my values?
What or who helps me to honour my values?
How can I remind myself of my values when in an unhappy situation?
When looking through the lens or perspective of [insert value name] what do I see? What’s different about the situation?
When thinking about your life’s purpose how do your values fit in? (We will talk most about your life's purpose in a later discussion - it is ok to not know what your life's purpose is - it usually is a work in progress!)

Feel free to post your thoughts here!

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: