Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-16 2:52 AM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-16 1:17 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,616 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING, JHAYLO, AEREVE

New

13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Panic Mania, welcome to the site. I'm so sorry to hear about all your losses, it must be so heartbreaking. You sound very courageous. There is so much to grieve for so just take your time and vent all you want here.
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kim,
Its good to hear you are feeling better and were able to take a lunch break and relax.  It sounds like the new position was a good idea.  Wishing you luck.

Red
13 years ago 0 88 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So I went to work last week and gave my decision on taking the new job. It is with an old boss who loves me so he was great when I talked to him. I started it Monday and it is a bit boring so far ( that was one of the reasons I took a different job two years ago) He did tell me that he was going to make sure I am not bored so I am giving it a chance. I do miss my old job but not the two bosses. They were never happy with anything and everyone else who works there is and the other employees are stressed too. One of my friends I really feel bad for because she is getting stuck with a lot of my work.

On a good note, I have taken lunch both days this week and read in my car. It has been totally relaxing. At the other job I never took a lunch because of the workload.

It will totally be less stress, I actually might be bored at the job but for right now that is OK... I can either stay in that job for a year and post out for another one or look somewhere else.

Kim

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Panic mania:  Welcome to this site.  I lost two of my close friends just a few months ago myself, about three months apart.  One death was not a surprise as she had cancer and I drove her to many of her appts. and helped out when I could.  The other friend's death was a complete surprise.  One friend I spoke to just about every day.  We knew each other so well and I miss that "finishing my sentences for me" closeness.  It takes time to grieve but I feel much better now.  I'm hoping you will be able to start feeling better soon with this program.  I try and think of all the beautiful moments we shared and the positive influences they had on me, and in that way I feel that they live on. Life sure does through us some curves. It sounds like you've been through a lot lately.  Be gentle with yourself, take good care of yourself as you would a friend.  It's normal to go through some depression after death of a loved one and add on top of that other stresses.  And it's difficult when we think no one understands or cares. Have a look at the sister depression site.  If it's anything like this site, they sure do care.  Good luck.
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cleo and Mammkim:  I can sure empathize with you re: kids out late at night and the driving.  I had a few sleepless nights myself when they were late.  I had a rule that they had to call me if they were going to be very very late so at least I wouldn't think they were in some ditch and it was a relief to hear their voices and gauge how they were doing. Yea, we know worrying doesn't solve anything but it's hard to get to sleep when you're listening for the door, and then when you hear the door open and close, with a sigh of relief, you can get some zzzzzz's. 

Mammakim:  sorry to hear about your work issues - as you say, less stress might be the best for now, so kind of a positive way to look at it.  Good luck.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Panic-mania,
Welcome to this site !!
You have had a lot to deal with...but its good you realize you need help...you've come to a fabulous place to learn coping skills for anxiety/panic.
How far are you in the program? I've been here  just over  2 months, and have found the Questions for Negative Thoughts to be very helpful, along with the Forums.
I know there is another sister site for Depression... have you checked that one out?
You can win this battle! Keep the faith! Keep posting if it helps! Read the Success stories..they are amazing.
Cleo

Hi panic Mania,

Welcome to the group. You will find a lot of good information here

Kim
Oh and the week just keeps getting better. My son did not come home and then I get to work and they tell me they are demoting me. They moved me four levels down. I am not too pleased but the job will be less stress and less hours so that will be good. I will be losing pay though. It sucks but I won't have to deal with my boss that is a friend anymore, that will be good.
13 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Panic Mania,

Welcome to the group.  It sounds like you have been through a lot and I want to acknowledge your incredible strength for getting through all this.  I also have to recognize how proactive you are by finding this program.  This program can help you, it is proven to help you just need to stick with it.  Be sure to plan a schedule for when you expect to work on the session.  Include rewards in your planning!

Know that anxiety can be controlled.  Many members of this group are a testament to this and you soon can be one as well.

How do you think your life would be different if panic was no longer an issue?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: