Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Safe Harbours

8 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Update... Went to a follow up gastro apt today. I am starting on some new extra meds tomorrow. One is a steroid/immune suppressant type drug which may effect my mood i.e. anxiety/depression/excitability/aggression so I am little worried about that but it is what it is and knowing this ahead of time should help me deal with these emotions if they arise. That's what I thinking. I am hoping the cbt that I learned here should help me deal all that. The goal is to get my UC/IBD into remission and keep it there. So if the meds work it will be worth it and hopefully I can start enjoying life again. If they don't work than there are other treatments that we can try to get me there. So there is still hope and I have not given up quite yet...Well that's all for now...Till next time ...Red..
Davit, good to hear from you and good luck with your growing this year. Hugs, I also had trouble posting until today. Good to see the site working again. As for me I am resting at home and doing a little quilting again. Tomorrow morning is follow up with the gastro doc and maybe a new med since I am not in remission yet. If all goes well I am hoping to get out and about more again. Take Care Everyone! Enjoy the day! Till next time... Red...
8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Something happended to me in February, and I'm just left with this lethargy. Has anybody had trouble using the website? I tried responding but kept getting an error message.
8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone.

I hope you all had a nice Easter. I've been very busy. I have a lot to do since I was pretty sick last year and didn't get much done, so this year has been a lot of cleaning and putting stuff away. Cleaning and spreading peat moss in flower beds. Weeds got a good run last year. And now it is time to start plants. Days are long often right till it is dark. Spring came too early. Not making lists since I don't like them. I do try to get two or three things done every day, anymore is a bonus. Any less is just life.

Davit
8 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit, I didn't notice this, until I reviewed it today. The football "pocket" is a safe place, like the "zone" for others, when their performance is best or "optimized". I feel safe at graveside too, Red, BTW. I wonder where others feel safe since it matters. In my car, in the garage, is one place, at some religious gatherings(not the church, which is not fragrance-free, but only some of them),
Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery is a Safe Harbor for me. A place for me to be, where I feel safe, secure and belong. Reunited with my husband on this Easter holiday or just about any day. This is my Safe Harbor, my shelter from the storm....Red...
David! My friend I haven't spoke to you in a long long time and do miss you and our talks. How are your roses doing this year? and most of all how have you been? I hope all is well with you and wish you the best as always...Your forever friend....Red:)))
Bumping up this thread today.... I have to say that lately, hanging out in the house is my favorite Safe Harbor and spoken like a the true recluse that I am it was very easy for me to fall right back into it. I've been in my comfort zone for months now and am finding that its very hard to leave again...Red...
Bumping up this thread today. Sitting in peace and quiet of the early morning and watching the sun come up.
8 years ago 0 162 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It would take me way more than 30% of the water to vacuum the gravel in my 10 gal tank.  Don't know if it was b/c I had a couple of goldfish (which are pigs) or what.  Anyway....it would take me a while.  I had a contraption that hooked up to the faucet in my kitchen sink that would vacuum the water right into the sink so I didn't have to lift anything.  I could then reverse it and pump clean water back into the tank.  I've thought of getting it going again....or trying something different (like a turtle...but I've been told they're very smelly).  Who knows.

Reading this thread: