Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Positive Start for the New year

9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Progress update: I discovered that I really don't like working on the Christmas quilt and never really did so I am going to find a goal that I have passion a for and am passionate about. Next I curled up with a good detective mystery type novel my favorite kind then went to bed early and finally got a restful night sleep so I am beginning to feel rested and alive again. Oh and on another positive note I almost forgot to mention I have stood by the boundaries that I set with others on their use of my time and space and am feeling a sigh of relief and like I can breath again. So all in all I am feeling good with my decisions and smart goals so far and realize that sometimes the best plan of action is a change of plans. Change can be a very positive and good thing. It's Ok to change your mind or your direction. It does not mean your have been defeated at all. It just means you have had a change of plans and are now moving in a positive direction again.. Red..
Hi Ashley, Interesting Questions. Your always making me think:). Well I looked up Smart Goals again and decided to be more specific with my goals So here it goes. I want to finish my Christmas quilt by the first day of spring. So First off In Order to do this I will need to make sure I get enough restful sleep every night so I with get to bed by 9 pm. I plan on spending at least one hour on my hobbies every day. Next I decided I needed to make my hobby room more functional so yesterday I spend the day doing just that plus I cleaned the carpet in the room so now the room is good to go. Now finally and last but not least and the most important thing that I need to do is stick to the boundaries that I have set with others on their use of my time. Now how's that for a Start.. Red.
9 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Red! Thanks for sharing.

General goals are a great start but we tend to be more successful in our goals when they are specific. When you feel ready to tackle all the items on our list I would love to hear how you made some of them a bit more specific.

Congrats on a positive start to the new year!

Ashley, Health Educator
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have some cedar boards to make into flower boxes. This I have to do before spring because I will be too busy otherwise. I want more flower beds and less garden. I need a spare bed too. We gave away the spare because Karin wanted hers. Now she is gone there is no bed for guests. There are lots of projects but most are lost just not off my mental list. If I have the energy I'll work on them.

I saw the neighbour walking down the road with his dogs and wished I could still do that.
One day at a time.

Davit
Making a list of the positive things we want to accomplish in the coming year. 1. Finish my Christmas quilt from 2 years ago. 2. Think about starting a new project this year. 3. Spent some time doing something I enjoy everyday. 4. Getting out and walking more this year.. These are some of mine. Please share some of yours. Red...

Reading this thread: