Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,481 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA

Positive Start for the New year

9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So far so good with my smart goals. Spending time on my hobbies every day has turned out to be a very positive distraction and mental break from the cycle of anxious negative thoughts that can flow through a mind during the day. Creating works of art on my sewing machine has got my creative juices flowing plus there is reward in completing and seeing the finish product...Not sure what I am going to create today...but that's the whole idea, it gives my mind something positive to think about and ponder on instead of letting my thoughts wander off to negative thoughts and ideas during the day...Well got to go for now and plan my next project. Talk to you all soon....Red..:)))
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have a very hard time going to bed before one in the morning and I don't know why this is. The weather is very confusing, it feels like spring but spring is still more than two months away. Today I will go to town but don't want to because I have projects I would rather do. But I will do it anyway because although I don't want to, I want it out of the way and that cancels it. It will all be better when I can start spending time outside. Then a trip to town will be a needed break.
If it actually does rain for the next five days and not freeze it will be a sloppy mess. I really don't need spring twice, but what will be will be. I have control of my feelings which is good since there is so much else I have no control of.

All the holidays are just that. There is no set rule how to celebrate but we feel left out if we can't join in and get excited like everyone else. And why, they are for us to celebrate as we wish, and I do. Christmas has special meaning to me. It has been a long time since I had a traditional one. For me what I do is special and it is for me. No struggle to be what I am not. Easter will be the same. 

If I go to town now I could still work on my other projects this evening.

Davit.
I stayed up to late again last night so I am a bit tired today. Yesterday was a very productive day and that's great. Even so I am still working on one of my very important steps to achieving my smart goals. Getting to bed early and getting a restful night sleep every night. So today I'll make it a relaxing low key day, get to bed early tonight so that I can enjoy a productive day tomorrow. That's the plan..Red...
Thank You Davit. When you mentioned Love as a emotion in another post of yours and how we need to love ourselves and our friends. How love helps cancel out the negative thoughts that we have about ourselves and others and in turn changes our negative core beliefs into positive core beliefs. Well that got me to thinking about my Christmas quilt and how I had let my negative core beliefs about the holiday spoil the enjoyment of working on my Christmas quilt. So you see you inspired me to challenge my negative core beliefs about Christmas and in turn this inspiration inspired me to finish my Christmas quilt because I do love the thoughts behind Christmas. So for me this quilt represents all the whimsical magic and joy of Christmas. Oh and by the way I love my friends too and you are one of those friends that I cherish. That's why I am glad to see you are working on your projects again and by the way writing a book about Cbt is no small feet. So Congratulations to you too My Friend.....Red:)))
9 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Red

You sound just wonderful and I have to tell you that has made me try harder to complete projects I have put off. I find it far too easy to blame winter as an excuse and when I do I find I do not like me let alone love who I am. I am better than this, I can be better. 
I'm glad you are sticking to your boundaries. 

Davit
I successfully completed one of my smart goals today. My Christmas quilt is finished and I replaced one of my negative core believes about the holidays. I LOVE my Christmas quilt and the way that it makes me feel about Me. Plus I have stuck to the boundaries that I set too, so that I could complete this goal because I love me and I am worthwhile and I chose not to be invisible any more....I feels good to be me...Red:)))
9 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Red

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi Ashley! So nice to hear from you again. Thank you for the encouraging words and feedback as always. It really helps to have someone to bounce my thoughts off of. I want you to know that I appreciate you and all that you do. I am so glad you're here guiding and teaching us as only you can do....Red :)))
9 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm going to start by reviewing last year, and not stress myself, since I feel hazy after losing mom. I almost started planning, without looking back, but life seems full of regrets. Walking on my treadmill really helped though, so I hope I can continue that first thing in the morning. On nicer days, I'd like to go outside, since it's solitary inside, but if I prop my laptop on a table, I can watch something.
9 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great work Red!

You are so right. Goals can always be reassessed. I am glad you discovered that the goal you set might not be a good fit for you. It's always amazing to read your insight Red. Great work - as usual!

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: