Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Negativity

12 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
carmie,,
Thank you so much for the positive feedback and encouragement. Congratulations on getting your health back you are a real inspiration and your success gives me hope of getting my health back too..It takes a lot of hard work and you know what, I think I can do it too..

Red..

12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red, I enjoyed reading your post.  It is very inspirational!  I am sorry to hear about your test results.  I had a similar doctor's visit a couple of years ago and I started walking. 
One year after starting my walking program, my test results were awesome - my nurse hugged me she was so proud of my work. 
About one year ago, it was too cold to walk outside so I started to walk on my parents treadmill.  I got a little bored so I started a little couch-to-5K walking and running program and now I can run (Okay, it might be jogging...I go slowly - but still). 
I wish you the best on achieving your fitness goals.  It can also help so much with anxiety, as we've talked about.  For me, it is really like taking a vacation in the middle of my day.   It helps to clear my head of all of the anxious thoughts and to fill it with positive ones.
Thanks again for sharing your positivity and good luck!
Update:

1. I asserted myself and the man who removed tree in my yard came by to check out the situation and will be coming next Wednesday to finish the job he started and do it right. So I am getting the help I need..

2. I went with my partner for his follow up visit related to ER visit because of chest pain on Tues.  He is fine according to the Dr.. Perfect treadmill echo stress test..Perfect blood pressure. etc. etc...Perfect health which is great news..

3. The bad news is that I do have some health issues of my own..High blood pressure, exercise hypertension, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, etc..So I have come to the conclusion that I really to focus on myself and my health instead of worrying about everyone else. From now on I am going to let the men do the hard work and I am going to start looking out for me..
No more digging with a pick and shovel for me right now..Its time to focus on my diet and exercise meaning my walks not hard physical labor..That what got me where I am today..I can see that I will have to be much more assertive in all aspects of my life starting now and the one thing I have to always keep in the back of my mind is that "It is not selfish. It is self nurturing"  this will be my mantra if and when I become weak. This should help me challenge my anxious and negative thoughts that I have about myself as it relates to my self care and self worth..

Red....

Red.....

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hugs:  I'm reading posts backwards today.  I just read this one after posting to you about enjoying your courses.  
I have had the same feeling before as you have described.  What I have done is stick it out to the end. I haven't always enjoyed it because I was worried about umpteen things. I figured I may be misjudging (as you say second guessing) and I figure it wouldn't hurt to learn it all anyway, and lastly, I tell myself not to judge its success until the end.  In other words, give it a chance, take the time for the course and finish it as this was the goal.  I feel better if I don't quit.  If I do quit then I'll never know if it was worth it or not.
Maybe this is helpful, maybe not....just my experience,
Sunny
Josie,

Thanks for listening..Knowing that there is someone out there really helps more than you will ever know..

Today is going to be a busy day with lots of anxious and negative thoughts to challenge. We had a tree taken out of our yard and the stump ground down last week. While trying to rake out the yard this week we discovered that there are still roots left and we have been trying to dig them out ourselves..We have decided that this just isn't something we can do ourselves because of health reason..High blood pressure and possible heart attack not to mention arthritis..So today the man who did the job is supposed to stop by and take a look at the job..This of course is causing a lot of anxious thoughts and questions for me like.  Will there be a confrontation? Will he help us? I wish we didn't need help..I am doing my best to challenge these thoughts. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens, that's if he shows up, yet another anxious thought..Than tomorrow we have a  follow up Dr. appt for my partner..Needless to say I have not been able to sign up for class this semester because there has been so much going here at home..I just couldn't put one more thing on my plate right now.

As we have gotten older things have gotten much harder. It really can be hard when you have no support system especially when you are getting older and aging like we are.  Getting older and needing help is just a part of life I guess. Adjusting to it and accepting it is difficult at times..Finding the help I need is the hardest part and the fear of not being able to find that help  causes me lot of anxiety and panic at times...these are the hardest anxious and negative thoughts for me to challenge...

Red...

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just came out of my second course this week.  Both instructors are postiive, and both contents of the courses are interesting and energizing.  I haven't been to a course for 5 months or more.

What I'm fighting is this great amount of criticism which wishes to leave both courses, since I think there is some deceit or something negative...I seem to be second-guessing myself.

How do I know if I'm doing the right thing
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
muse,

Great positive attitude and determination.

We are so happy for you..rejoice!

Josie, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,

Thanks for sharing and we are so glad that you had a good day.

Very proud of you!

Josie, Health Educator
Speaking of good news and challenging anxious thoughts..
My partner starting having chest pains this morning around 4 am..This was the second time in a week. He has also had the flu for 2 weeks now with lots of coughing all day and night. We went to the ER this morning at 5 am and spent the whole day in the emergency room.We just got home and he is ok, passed his stress echo test and lots of other tests. Thank God... He has a follow up appt with his doctor this week.
I was afraid how I would handle a emergency situation like this again, Would I panic or what..I have been involved in so many emergency situations in my life with loved ones and have always been able to keep a level head through each of these situations. I was always thought of as the rock of the family, the one everyone could count on..I have lost most of my family and have felt broken for a long time time now. My major fear is loosing another person that I love..I am so relieved that he is ok and that I was able to keep calm and a level head so that I could get him to the hospital and get him the help he needed.

After last night I am not feeling so broken anymore. I feel that I am once again capable of handling emergency situations.Which is a major relief for me even though I still do have a major fear of loosing him or any of my family members that I have left..

Today was a very tiring day but a good day... crazy as that may sound...

Red....
museluver,

Your welcome and thank you for posting the good news..

Red...

Reading this thread: