Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

limitations of CBT

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi loves trees:  Glad you found someone.  Hope it goes well for you.  It took two tries for me to find someone I liked.  Keep posting and let us know how goes.  We care.

Sunny
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
loves trees.

That is good to hear. I hope it goes well. My therapist says that if you get 80% compatibility that is pretty good. I have to agree with her, I considered her very good and we might have had a bit more but not much. We are all different, even oranges. Don't forget us, come visit and let us know how it is going.

Here for you.
Davit
13 years ago 0 356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

I feel better today and have a weekend of relaxing things to do, some baking and such. Thanks so much for your encouragement and reminding me to feel good about taking the break. 

Tiana thanks for the encouragement. 

Davit, I think I may have found someone to work with me who made me feel good about being an orange. Hooray!
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Loves Trees,

Thank you, I am happy I could help you in some way..I was thinking what you said about you wanting a break from everything. I have a suggestion you might want to try. One of the things I do when I am feeling this way is I look for a distraction..A pleasant activity..I remember you talking about sorting through your fabric one day. Do you remember that? I wonder if your got out some of your pattern books out and just spent some time looking at them today if that would help give your mind a break for a while..Or if you can't do that at home maybe you could go to a fabric store or book store today and look at some new pattern books or just spend some time looking at some of the new fabric in the store..Just something to take your mind off  the negative things in your life and direct your mind to something positive that makes you feel good and that you enjoy for a little while today...I know if I can give my mind a little break every day it helps me a lot...In fact thats what I am going to do as soon as I log out of the forum today...Spent so time relaxing and looking at my pattern books. 

Your friend,
Red

Your friend,
Red

13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Loves Trees,

Glad to hear you are doing better and feeling more positive! You have a great attitute and your plan is sound. Good luck and keep us posted.

Tiana, Health Educator
Hi Red,
Thanks for the last few replies. I do not know how I am going to put one foot in front of the other today. I want a break from everything. A lot of pain has come up and I don't know how to deal with it. And I don't have any help except this message board.

Your reply and Davits help me to feel not alone right now.
Loves trees

YES. YES. 

You are definitely an orange. You are not the only one that finds some (most) of the stuff apples do ridiculous, that is why they will always be apples. But they are happy in there ignorance and as long as they are not harming me then so be it. I can travel in both worlds but I find the apple one tiring. Makes good exposure though:-) So as long as you can accept that there is nothing wrong with being an orange you are fine. It is a bit lonely though because there are fewer of us. I have both orange and apple friends, Mostly I find the apples funny. Some are annoying, but my tolerance and acceptance is part of what makes me an orange. 

So take a break from us when you need to but don't leave us, we would miss you.
I hope your therapist is not only knowledgeable but better than average at explaining. Knowledge is all important to beating this condition we have.

Here for you,
Davit.
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Loves Trees,

I am glad to hear you are feeling better..You do sound much more positive about the future..I feel the same way you do about reading posts. It does seem to stir up a lot of emotions, memories and feelings for me too. I really notice this when I have been on a trip and come back feeling good. I am almost afraid to come here...but at the same time I realize that if I am having a really bad day and I come here and post about it and someone responds it means a lot to me and I am sure that some of my posts stir up feeling for a lot of other people too. I think all we can do it try to return the support others have given us whenever possible..We are all doing the best we can to support others while dealing with our own anxieties and fears at the same time...

Red
I felt bad not posting after my lasts posts were made when I was so upset. Honestly I get scared to come onto the site after I've had a bad few days or bad week of lots of upset because once I start to feel a bit better I go into functioning mode and even just logging in last week to say hello scared me. I worried I would not be able to do it without reading other posts and then I'd start to feel again and back down the miserable path of emotional turmoil I had just come out of. That seems to fit with the avoidance tactics common to anxiety. Trying to avoid triggers.

I calmed down after venting here about the last visit to a new therapist. I have recovered some optimism about meeting yet another new person soon. It helps that this next person took more time with me on the phone to explain their approach and the last person with whom I was not happy with, didn't do that at all. I am hopeful, this next person I am trying out was empathetic on the phone and said some things that match with my experience so maybe we will click. 

I so appreciate everyone's posts. Davit, I so appreciate your honesty. You are a beacon of strength for me.
A lot of people are not "mature" - I see that. I am not blind to it. Most adults actually have some immaturity about them that may or may not be harmless. I am not trying to be condescending but honestly, I can't find pleasure in some of the things people around me do for kicks and I am starting to feel ok with that. There are people whose lives seem so superficial to me, and boy did I use to work hard to be accepted by these people so I would not feel so alone. I have only met a few people who talk like I do, notice the same things I do, and have similar values. I am an orange, to use Davit's analogy. In an apple world. Its not easy. Apples don't know what to do with me, and for a long time I didn't know what to do with them. I suffered because I tried to be like them, and I beat myself up for not being like them, or accepted by them and I took what they said about me to heart when they criticized me (for not being like them). 

I am working on becoming a truly happy orange. There are things from the past that are preventing me from being happy. I tried to address them all, all by myself, all at once. It didn't work.

I believe I can recover or reconcile all the parts of me that can work together to make me happy and whole feeling. I know that being happy doesn't mean never feeling fear or anger but it does require me to know what to do with those things and to learn things that yes, I should have learned at age 4 and 5 but I refuse to believe it is too late to learn whatever it is I need to learn in order to be content and happy. Not everyone is on my side but a few people are and that is enough. I can find more and more people who will ally with me if I work at it. I have met a few people who are happy, and want others to be happy and this gives me hope.

loves trees

Missing you and hoping you are fine or busy.

Your friend, Davit.

Reading this thread: