Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,631 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Accomplishments and other Postive Things

14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Davit,

Thanks for the response.  It's good to know there is someone out there, especially you. In answer to your questions.  Yes I do feel the instructor may have panic.  She has numerous health problems, liver disease and Arthritis etc etc and I think it is affecting her ability to think clearly and focus. Her son also has just come back from the war recently, after being in combat for three tours meaning three years.  She has a lot on her mind.  She did set up the cutting machine properly before she ran off, so I did learn how to use the machine and was able cut out all my fabric.  I do enjoy learning new things and I do think it is a good focus. I feel like a sponge my thirst to learn can't be quenched.  I am not sure how I am going to handle her and her ability to teach.  I do feel compassion for her but I am also taking this class to learn how to quilt. I definitely will not let her cut any of my fabric again LOL LOL.  I have been on line seeing what I can learn about finishing my project.  I am going to need more instruction than I am getting from this class.  I am also looking for a new class with more structure.  Enough about me how did you make out at your appointment?  How are you wounds healing?  and last but not least how is the garden coming along? and one more did you learn anything new today?   You don't have to answer all of these if you don't want too. Just the ones you a comfortable with.  Don't mind me I am just full of life and questions today...

Your friend
Red
14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

You did very well indeed. Sorry about your fabric. Do you think your instructor might have a bit of panic also? So many people do and don't know what it is. They think it is natural and live with it as best as they can. To bad about the fabric but look at the bonus. You handled the anger well without letting it cause you stress. You will have to decide whether the next class calls for caution or compassion. The call is yours and I am sure you will make the right call. So do you know how to use that machine now? There is a saying that if you don't learn something new every day then you are getting behind. Learning something new can be a good focus.

Your friend
Davit
My Three or more!!!

Yesterday I went to my quilting class again and was able to redirect my attention on the instructor and block out all the distractions and chatter going on around me.  I was able to stay focused in a large group of people. This is a 3 hour class so I got up and took a break about half way through and that helped me a great deal.  I was not as tired from the exposure this time.  It is getting easier and I am learning how to function in a large class room of people.  My instructor was showing me how to use a cutting machine to cut my fabric and she forgot what she was doing and ruined half of my fabric for my project.  She than immediately ran from the situation and left me standing there alone to try and fix her mistake.  I did not panic or have a anxiety attack about this and stood there by myself and analyzed the problem and came up with a solution to the problem.  I had bought extra fabric so I just started over and re cut all my fabric.  I guess my past experience with problem solving in my life has paid off.  It was not like it was a life or death situation like my experiences with being a caregiver.  It was not worth getting all stressed out over.  I was later and am still angry and disappointed with the Instructor for running from a problem she created, but the good thing I learned from this experience it that I can stand alone and solve my problems just like I used.  I am getting my strength back and I am a very competent and capable person.  I am feeling very good about myself today and the progress I am making.

Red
Red

Field cucumbers don't need stakes.  If you can get it try "eight ball" zucchini. They are round and about the size of a grapefruit, just right for stuffing. Good luck with your garden. Helper is coming back today for another day of work.
I have some rebound to fight today as I'm a bit sore and we got a lot done yesterday but it will be a nice day and I am going to enjoy it. I have home support here also today so I will be pulled this way and that. I know I can handle this and you are right. It will be nice to sit under a tree and survey all I (we) have accomplished.  Parts are here for my tractor so I have to get Richard to put them in. May not get all this done. What I get is what I get. No pressure.

Davit, Smiling and crying.
Davit

Wow!!!  You sure are getting a lot done!!  I am so Proud of you!!
 This is Great Great Great.   I am glad to hear you hired someone to give you a hand around there with your property. I take pain killers when I need to also, thats what we got them for.  It it tiring but you are so right, it sure feels good.  I know you will be so happy when it is all done and you can sit back under the shade of a tree and say, look what I have accomplished. My garden is all cleaned up and back in order again.  Now I can rest a while and then beginning planting. 
We have the fence to finish here today at my place and then I can plant my little vegetable garden. I am going to plant some cucumbers and zucchini this year not sure if you have to stake them or what ? and some tomatoes which I plant every year.

I look forward to hearing about your garden again,

Your friend,
Red

Red

I hired a guy to help in the garden and worked his but off. Six hours we worked. Pruned trees and weeded and tilled. We got a bit less than half done I think. I'm tired but I feel good. Tomorrow I think we will plant potatoes and move raspberries. Hard work and I will need extra pain killers but it is worth it.

Davit.
Todays

Today is turning out to be a nice day.  The sun is shining and the birds are singing.

1.  I have been to the home and garden center with my safe person.  He went to the lumber dept and picked up some fencing. He is starting to replace one of our fences today before I plant my vegetable garden.
2.  I stayed in the garden dept with all the flowers, vegetables and various other plants. This is my domain, my safe haven, my paradise.
3.  I picked out some flowers and vegetables to plant.  Lavenders, tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini.
4.  We will spending the rest of the day and most of the week working in the back yard which I love to do. Sitting on the patio listening to the fountain and watching the birds.  This is heaven to me.

Red

My Three Accomplishments & other Positive things

I like posting to this thread because it helps me to stay positive and realize that I am moving forward.  Every accomplishment is important and counts both small and large.  All of these small steps are really not small steps they are really large steps  forward when you think about it.   They all add up to a freer and better life.

1. Yesterday I was able to ask for help and received it.  Because of this I am back on track and moving forward.
2.  I worked in my garden for a little while.
3.  I left the house with my safe person and got some supplies that I needed.

I am improving one step at a time.

Red

14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am more happier when it's sunny.. maybe you are too, sunny, hence your name.
14 years ago 0 112 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, I think the weather plays a major role in how we feel. It does for me anyway, I can always tell if a storm is coming or high winds because my hip will hurt like the blazes and if there is a cloudy day I have no ambition at all.

I think you are also right Davit when you say that being retired  adds to your anxiety... being busy all your life and then having to slow down is difficult at the best of times. Since my son has gone to university and it's just my husband and I , it can be a challenge to get going or finding a purpose, I guess. You can only clean house, do the yard etc. so many times before you run out of things to keep you occupied. I was never one to sit for more than a few minutes before I tackled something else...now with my hip I have to pace myself and I find it extremely difficult. That's just in my case, I don't know if others feel the same or not.

Reading this thread: