Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,509 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Agoraphobia

14 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anerol,
In answer to your question. Do I know anyone who has gotten out of it?  I can't speak for anyone else.  I can tell you that I have gotten better since I started working the program.  I am leaving the house more and I am feeling more self confident. It does take time and it doesn't happen over night.  I understand the illness better now.  Working with the 10 question list has helped me challenge my anxious and negative thoughts.  I think it is something that I will have to keep on top of and maybe do for the rest of my life.  I have good days and bad days but the good days are starting to out number the bad ones. You just have to never give up and never lose hope. Their is hope and you can get better.  Remember to be patient with yourself and take it one day at a time.  I find that posting helps me and reading posts give me more incite into this illness.  Feel free to post any time you want or need to.  Thats what the support group is for.  Its here to help you and all of us get well.

Red 

14 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anerol

I can't seem to use the instant messenger, it could be because I use a MAC. The only good thing to come out of being on a fixed pension is that I eat better (healthier).

Davit.
Anerol,

I am retired and on a fixed income and very careful with money.  I am glad I am not having to go out and work. 
We cook a lot of vegetable stew and things like that.  I don't like shopping so wasting a lot of money is not a problem.
 I am really quite happy with the simple things in life.
Red
Anerol

I started by stock piling so I didn't have to go and then I would go just to see if I could do it. I would keep three or more of an item that I preferred the neighbours not to pick up for me. When one was used I would try to go get another knowing full well that I didn't have to. Most times I managed but some times I was down to my last before I did. I would talk to people in the store and if I felt like I could do it I would load a cart. It got easier all the time and soon became a game with me adding a bag of chips or a chocolate bar for a treat. Now I can go any time I want to. The only days I have trouble are the days when my Arthritis acts up but then it tends to make me anxious anywhere.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was wondering how everyone gets around to run errands? I'm supported by my family and I don't buy much of anything anymore so I don't spend much while I have some savings still. I don't know what I'd do if that runs out... but I'm just trying to focus on what I can do now. Anybody know anyone who's gotten out of it?
Minadee

Family, friends, welfare, disability pension or visa. Yes I know it sucks. And on top of that there is meds. So those with no options have to go on meds and go to work. If you have to do this and later want to get off I will be here to help you.
It can be done. Some people just stay on the meds, the choice is yours.

Davit.
14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Anerol,

Have you started working through the program? The program will be a big help to you.

Members, please share your experiences with agoraphobia.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What does everybody do for money if you can't work?

Me Too.  Everyday

Red
Yes. Still.

Davit.

Reading this thread: