Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I need to try this one more time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just set a new quit date for Dec. 25; the best gift I could ever give or receive.  This will be my 3rd time trying. I will succeed this time!!  Hang in there...it will get better
10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Sharon & Denise!!!

I've already welcomed my ol' quit buddy Denise on Facebook and I wanted to offer a big welcome back to you, Sharon, aka Daisiegrl!  I've been letting work and life get the better of me lately, but since you are both back for GOOD, I'll do my best to see you both through this journey to Freedom!  I know you both have had a big taste of that freedom and I'm hoping that you both absolutely want this quit WAY more than you want to smoke!  If so, you are half way there!

Keep telling yourself that you CAN do this and keep that Positive Mental Attitude!  That, along with a good crave basket and and help from all of  your quit buddies here is about all you need!    Just remember to yell when you need a hand!  We're all rooting for you!!! 

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,227.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 13

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just want to sent out a Congrats to you Denise on your 12 days quit and to you Sharon on your 7 days quit..

You gals both got some great quits going..and before you know it you will be hitting 30 days and climbing on that cruise ship they all talk about here and when 60 days comes around and that will be here before you know it. You will be landing on the beach and having a wonderful time..
I can't wait to hear all about it..

Red..
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Eyja,
Love your current pic. You look so fit and healthy.  
  • Quit Meter

$22,515.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 22

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am just checking in too - That's so good to keep an eye on each other's quits! Especially  in the early days of a fresh quit, it's wonderful to have someone on board here who is on the same time line.  Go for it Denise and Sharon! You both know that you CAN  DO IT this time and we are all here to cheer for your every achievement and offer a kind word for each challenge that rears its head.  It helps to know that it really does get easier over time and you lose nothing by setting your sites on a clean breath, fresh lung, smoke free future.  No matter how long it takes to rid yourself of the addiction, never give up hope, for if you stick with it, you will succeed!  
Kudos to you too Workin' On It for stopping in here for some well deserved praise and support : )  Ya! 
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello ladies! Glad to see that you are both hanging in there during these difficult early days Remember that every day, it gets a little easier to say "no" to those voices asking for a cigarette. And as time goes on, those voices tend to give up and go away for longer and longer periods of time. 

Proud of you both for putting up the good fight.  
  • Quit Meter

$22,515.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 22

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sharon! Glad you're still on this ride. It is sometimes amazing how much time we used to spend thinking about & doing the addiction but we have made the best decision this time! Hang in there, we'll make it if we just keep saying no I'm not going to smoke whatever happens! Denise
10 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Denise,  Guess I'm doing okay, not smokin anyway! I'm surprised I can do anything without a cig in my hand. You never realize how much you smoke till you try to quit but the thought is still there to lite up. It's a wonder I ever got anything done I was so busy smokin......what a shame!! Yes I made it 4 days. Hope I can make it another 4. My youngest daughter lives with me and she smokes which makes it hard mentally but she smokes outside, but I always know where shes going!!! I don't know, hope I don't give up.........I'm trying to keep busy......... how about you, how are you doing?? Hangin in there I hope....           Sharon:)
10 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing? Just checking in...
10 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Denise. Yes I need to work on a list for sure. I managed to quit before, even tho only for 6 mos, I know I can do it, it just seems like as I get older I'm weaker or something. When I quit I felt so much better and wasn't all out of breath all the time. We'll see how it goes! Winter is comin and I have alot of snow to shovel here so better get this quit under way...

Reading this thread: