Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

i am trying to quit smoking.

8 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey I am here to tell you quitting smoking no matter how you do it is the best thing you can ever do or accomplish. But if you need help try vaping. I use to smoke a pack  a day. The cost is so high but worse was the coughing up blood. Now I vape, the cost is a third of smoking. I started with nicotine based vapor and thanks to Juice Machine Vapors I am not using a Tomatine vapor. Look up Tomatine and learn what you need to. Tomatine is a nicotine alternative that studies done by the department of agriculture and some universities show actually kills cancer cells. But whatever you do to quit, whatever works for you be proud of yourself for trying. It will save your life and the lives of those around you.
8 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well here we are almost another summer month gone to the wayside.  thank goodness for that as i hate the heat here in oklahoma city.  still smoke free and looking foward to cooking out on the 4th of july.  now my problem is how to light my fireworks as i always used my cigarette to do that.  i bet i will find something, i guess i could fill my zippo and use it for only that purpose.

oh well i hope everyone is happy and enjoying life as one should be.  stay nonsmoking and enjoy the upcoming holiday, i am. just thought i would check in. 

to all have a great day.
 the poorguy
hey all and HAPPY FATHERS DAY.

still smoke free and great to be alive.
to all have a great day.

the poorguy
8 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning, poorguy

Congratulation's on your six months of smoke free living, keep up the good work and I'm glad to here your hip surgery was a success. Keep up the good fight. and remember what ever happens just don't smoke.

Gary
thankyou.

i really feel great between no more hip pain and no more smoking,can't wait until my doctor says that i can get back on my bicycle and start riding again. life is good.
another plus is all the money i have saved by not buying packs of cigs.

to all have a good evening.

the poorguy
8 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congratulations!  Great!
hey all the poorguy is back and still smoke free for close to 5.5 to 6.0 months not a cigarette or joint at all.
 where have i been,well i forgot my password and this wesite doesn't offer a lost password help that i was able to see so i finally found where i had written it down.

on april 29th 2015 i finally got my full hip replacement and am doing very well. all at the hospital was glad i was an ex smoker. the ran all sorts of pre opt tests on lungs heart etc and to my surprise all looks very well. blood pressure is 117 / 80 which is excellent for me and weight wise i am now at 261 pounds instead of the almost 300 pounds i was just two to three months ago. i feel great.

i know that when i started on this stop smoking i had a lot of issues and found myself sneakig a smoke here and there for whatever reason. now i have finally gotten myself to a better place and i will say that it has been worth the trouble. in my case I was my own reason for always failing. i hope that my kids who also smoke will see that my success with my battle will make or help them with theirs.  to all don't ever stop trying as it took me several attemps to make it a success and everyone can also make it happen. NEVER STOP TRYING.

just thought i would share my experience with you give thanks to all for support  from this site.

thanks for the space.

the poorguy
9 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey Timbo637, won't be no snow skiing for me i am looking forward to riding my mountain bike again. i can get most places i need go on it and really enjoy riding it around the old neighborhoods and down town areas here in okc ok area. i live i a historic area so it is pretty cool for that kind of riding.

to all have a good day.
the poorguy
9 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Poorguy,
 It's good to hear that you are are still smoke free on day 32 now if I'm counting right. 

Once you get that hip replaced, you're going to have so much energy from not smoking that I hope you won't over do it and wear it out in the 1st year. <laughing> Maybe you'll even go skiing with all of the snow. 

Stay strong buddy...

N.O.P.E. 
  • Quit Meter

$23,232.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 773 Hours: 1

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey all, just thought i would check in and let everyone know that all is good. still waiting to find out when my hip surgery is as i am waiting for a gash on my leg to heal and then we are off to getting repaired i hope. not much going on in my world as i can't get to my work shop due to snow and that i don't walk very well for now so just inside the house being super dull. cooking and netflix is about it and of course internet.

hope all is well for everyone talk to you guys later.

the poorguy

Reading this thread: