Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Scruffy's on board

14 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marivi,

I think you are confusing me with Steve. He lives in Spain. I live in Ireland. He is one month off the demon cigs I am 19 days. Anyway, nice of you to post. I smoked Duccados when I was in Spain. They are strong. Preferred Fortuna.

Regards,

Scruffy.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 9/6/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 18
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 432
Amount Saved: �184.68
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 17 Mins: 29 Seconds: 49

Buggerdb,

Today was particularly tough day for me. I am not quite sure why but I think it is because I drank too much last night and I am tired and stressed at work today. Going to bed early tonight with no beer just a cup of tea and a book. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I still have not smoked and although I am confident that I won't I feel the pressure of nicotine thoughts today which gives me an uncomfortable feeling.

Regards,

Scruffy.

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 18
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 432
Amount Saved: �184.68
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 17 Mins: 29 Seconds: 29

14 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Scruffy, Steve, you are doing fantastic so far!  Great job on your quits!  You are absolutely right Stteve, you are not out of the woods yet.  For a while, you will need to still take this one day at a time, and keep your guard up.  Keep saying N.O.P.E.  It DOES get easier!  There are better smoke-free days ahead for both of you!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 174
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,610
Amount Saved: $1,305.00
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 0 Mins: 14 Seconds: 30

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Scruffy
I just want to give you a late welcome.
I was away ffrom this board from quite a while. It is great to have you here and look at your impressive month smoke free!
I learned to smoke in Spain while I was in boarding school in Pamplona. I smoked the nasty Ducados,yikes.
No american tobbaco in those days. Spain was under Franco ruliing.Everybody smoked then!
Anyway. I just want to congratulate for you great acomplishment. You have gone trough the hardest month of the quit.
Keep kicking ash!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 243
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,645
Amount Saved: $364.50
Life Gained:
Days: 27 Hrs: 16 Mins: 17 Seconds: 37

14 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello there Jim!

Thanks very much for the welcome, no need to apologise though. Thinking about it, I never properly introduced myself to the forum in the first place (I was a bit moody the first few days) so if I had of been feeling unwelcomed, (which I wasn´t), it would have been entirely my own fault :)

Those are some pretty impressive stats you´ve accumulated Jim. 100 "free" days of life you´ll have soon, that´s just awesome. I´ve been on a roll this week with little benchmarks: 4 weeks clean, 1 month clean etc but my biggest worry is about losing the momentum. Do you know what I mean? It seems to me the first month or so is packed full of little motivating stats. First day smoke free, Nicotine out of your system after 3 days, Hell week done, Heck week in the bag- I´m worried that I´m going to get complacent between 1 month smoke free and 1 year smoke free. That´s 11 months without any significant achievement lol.

I know I´m by no means out of the woods yet, I´m sort of just cruising on auto-pilot these days, avoiding triggers, not thinking too much about smoking. On the occasions when I do find myself thinking about cigarettes, I fill my lungs with air, I look at the cash I´ve already saved, and I know I´ve made a great decision. As someone well over the 1 year mark, how do you find it for example, heading into a smokey bar now? Are you still tempted, or do you find yourself just pitying the smokers? Are there any situations you still avoid, or are you supremely confident that the battle´s won?

Regards

Steve

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/24/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 30
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,050
Amount Saved: �157.50
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 7 Mins: 46 Seconds: 49

14 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Scruffy,

The messages appearing in a small column on the right hand side of the page may just be a temporary occurence. If you continue to have technical issues you can send us a message in the feedback section and we can provide you with an answer there.

Samantha, Health Educator
Jim,

Excuse my ignorance but where is the search button?

Also the messages have recently started coming up in a small column on the right hand side of the page. It used to be centered which was much easier to read. It is a small thing and I know I am a complete techno idiot but can you suggest anything to rectify the situation?

Fair play to you for continuing to post messages after such a long quit date. I am not sure I would be so dedicated. In fact I hope for my sake I won't be visiting this site in years to come. Your altruism is admirable.

Regards,

Scruffy.

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 17
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 408
Amount Saved: �174.42
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 13 Mins: 54 Seconds: 28

14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Steve!!!

Sorry, I haven't formally welcomed you yet, so....  WELCOME!!!  You are doing great so far!  Congratulations to you and your better half!!!

As for rewards, use the search function button on "low cost rewards"  there is a thread on the forums that lists lots and lots of them!  I'll try to find it an bump it up for you!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 567
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 14,175
Amount Saved: $2,338.88
Life Gained:
Days: 96 Hrs: 2 Mins: 14 Seconds: 37

• Quit Meter

$44,377.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1062 Hours: 0

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It certainly beat working. I´m not a huge advocate of gratuitous sick days (this was my first in over 2 years), however, I was genuinely a bit under the weather, and I´ve calculated that since I´ve quit smoking my boss has gained an extra 40 minutes quality productivity out of me on a daily basis.

21 Business Days since my quit date, multiplied by 40 minutes gives us 840 minutes, or 14 hours, or as I like to look at it, 2 days holiday. :)

You´re quite right about the big 1 month smoke free coming up. It´s been a week of milestones actually: 4 weeks smoke free, 1000 cigarettes not smoked, 150� saved and now a calender month smoke free. My wife gave up at the same time and a man couldn´t wish for a more gorgeous, sympathetic and understanding "Quit Buddy". I could never have made it this far without her support. I´m famous in this house for my childish tantrums, yet somehow she humoured me through them without patronising me. Its a remarkable quality of hers.

After several mechanical disasters with our car of late, we´re not exactly "liquid" right now (plus the new school year has just started - new bags, books, pens to buy) so what we did was open a savings account especially for giving up smoking, and we transferred half the money we saved this month to that. Its not terribly exciting I know, but practical. It would be crazy to get into debt just to reward ourselves lol. Can you imagine? Having to join another site for people addicted to credit cards :) What do other people do for rewards by the way? Anyone done anything out of the ordinary or perhaps realised a dream?

Regards,

Steve

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/24/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 29
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,015
Amount Saved: �152.25
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 4 Mins: 47 Seconds: 15

14 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like a relaxing day with good family fun - glad to see you are all starting to feel better Steve!

One month smoke-free is coming up tomorrow...............how will you be celebrating this remarkable achievement?

Faryal, Health Educator

Reading this thread: