Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Finally! the warnings have gotten thru to me

17 years ago 0 156 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Karen Welcome and we are all here for you. As you said lots of changes but changes can be really good like being able to smell again and not getting short of breath. You can do it I'm on day 9 of not smoking and feeling pretty good today. I'm using the patch and it does help. Post any time you need us!!! Way to go girl!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 327 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning and good start to a new life,Karen.I became a nonsmoker on march 15-07.I smoked for over 30 yrs. I am using Chantix and have not smoked a cig since,if I CAN DO IT ,ANYBODY CAN !!!!
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am quitting and becoming a non-smoker, tomorrow March 26 is when I quit! After a very bad scare two weeks ago (worse then others i.e. asthma attack, pneumonia, etc) of severe chest pains and being taken to the hospital the warnings have finally hit home. I must become a non smoker, loose some weight and get back to exercising! I don't want to die, I want to be around and spend time with my husband and son. I've taken some very positive steps, started my diet - down 10 pounds, started the treadmill in our gym (it's in our building so no excuses about not being able to get there) and now the smoking. Off to the store today to buy the patch, I've completed the quit program tools here and entering my first post. Lots of changes but I'm ready. So here I am. My name is Karen and I AM (as of tomorrow) a non-smoker. Thanks for the support, I'm looking forward to reading and sharing the posts here.

Reading this thread: