Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Last one.....

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rachel, Congratulations on quitting. I am a cold turkey person too so I can't offer a lot about the patch. I tried it before and it made me nautious and gave me nightmares. My God I'm probably scaring you, sorry. Anyways, I am glad you are here and look forward to keeping in touch. I started trying the IM too so if your ever on drop me a note. Good luck and stay strong...... - Joe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 26 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Patches..... BAD BAD BAD!!!! I was soo sick all night with what the nurse today told me was vertigo. Within 30 min of taking off the patch I felt much better. So now its just me and the Welbutrin. But so far its us - One and Ciggs - Zero. It was hard being sick and stressed but I made it through. Thanks to everyone for all the support. I think my gf may become suicidal by the time this is over.... Now I just feel really tired and yet antsy all at once, just out of sorts I guess. How is everyone else? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 31 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Hey everyone. I am really really not doing well. I made it though.. I mean I am past the 48 hour mark. At what point does the spacey feeling go away. I feel exhausted and antsy all at once. My gf and I are fighting and lord knows I am being a ***** from hell probably. I am trying. I work a very stressful job and made it through it was soooo hard not to bum a cigg I was offerred so many. It suprised me how very little support there was. Noone really seemed to believe I will stop. Granted I was the employee who you could set your watch by based on my smoking habit. But it has been 48 hours and at this point its so hard because I have yet to see any POSITIVE things comfing from this expeirience. I need a pep talk.... Sigh.. or a good lay, am I allowed to say that, really what I need is a ciggerette. I want to feel the smoke in my chest even with the burn as I watch the redish orange nrise on the ciggerette and the smoke stop. I will make it through this and will look back and know it was the right decision... right? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 49 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
Ok. So I smoked my last ciggerette about an hour ago, I am prepared with 21mg patches, and welbutrin xl from my dr. anyone know how long I should wait before I put the first patch on? I have had plurisy, pnemonia, and broncitis, all in 3 months, Doc says it will only get worse, so after a 12 year love affair with ciggs its time to give it up. I am a home body and dont have many friends, therefore I really need some support....... Any tips? Rachel [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
I dont spend alot of time online chatting becuase I am physically having sooo many issues by the time I get home from work the last thing I want to do is look at a computer. I am making it though, there was a weak point today where I almost took it, the ciggerette offerred to me, if it wasn't for my office mate saying RACHEL dont do it. It was odd, like surreal from far away but I came back to reality and said no and walked away not looking back down the hall. Oh god I wanted it though.... My hands were sweaty.. I made it. whew..... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 65 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 56 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations and welcome.
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rachel, Good for you, not taking that cig. I know how hard that must have been, but you are better off for not doing it. We are all behind you here and want to help in any way we can. Stay Strong, Stay Quit You are a star! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 247 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, you got through your first day, and that is a major thing in itself. I understand how hard it can be, being stressed out minus cigs...but you can totally do it...and you did! However, the fact that you are sick and not smoking is VERY, VERY good. I used to get strep, sinus infections and colds, and I would only cut back on my smoking...which ultimately made things worse. So hopefully you will be healing faster this time because you have quit. Congrats on getting though day one...stay strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 106 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Racheal, I tried it all!! hehe They all work....I think it is a matter of preference...AND...AND a real positive desire to quit. By positive I mean a happy time. I mean an exciting time. I always look at it as a journey. I have failed several times in the past....but you know what? I learned that I REALLY WAS HAPPIER....HAD MORE SELF RESPECT....AND FELT BETTER...not smoking. I won't go back to smoking again. We only smoke cuz we are addicted. I like the new life coming out of the addiction. It is like a real world out there. Like living in black and white and seeing it in color. You can do it. lots of support Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $214.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rachel, You are AWESOME! That's the way to kick the old Nik's ash! You are a successful quitter. Hang on, it won't always be this bad. Keep posting, we'll take good care of you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 833 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29

Reading this thread: