Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Day two is AWFUL!!!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump, Hang in there my friend. Stay strong and do not open that pack. Create a list of coping mechanisms to utilize when a craving pops up. Stay close to the site within the next couple of days/weeks. We are all here for you. Take Care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yesterday was so much easier than today. I actually broke down and bought a pack of cigs. Now here's the funny part- I didn't open them. That was such a good feeling. For some weird reason, seeing them on the desk and knowing that I could have one if I wanted to seemed to make me feel like I have more control over this. It feels more like choosing not to smoke instead of forcing myself not to. It's a strange victory, but a good one. Thanks again to everyone for your continued support. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 49 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Thanks for the reply, I thought that's how I'd feel, but thankfully it didn't turn out that way. That unopened pack is a trophy to me right now. (If that changes, I'm in big trouble!) Sorry to hear your day isn't going so well, tell those voices to shut up! If you have the strength to want to quit, then you have the strength to actually do it. As far as a rational mind, I have no answers to that one, just take a couple of deep breaths, and realize that each time you want a cig and stop yourself it is another victory! That means you are strong enough to do this! When was your quit date? Check in on this site often, there are alot of very helpful and supportive people on here and it really helps. Good luck with your quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 49 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
OMG, you are all so right! I actually opened them today, sat and held one between my fingers, and came way too close for comfort. But in the end I bawled like a baby, shredded them all and flushed them. There's no getting them back out of there, ha ha. Today has been truly horrible. I am the most hateful person right now! I don't think I've ever been this moody in my life. I keep trying to focus on the positives, but that's easier said than done. (At the moment focusing on anything isn't easy) So far so good, though, at least I'm still smoke free. Can't say I'm enjoying it yet, but I know I will soon, and that's keeping me hanging on. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 73 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Sorry all, for some weird reason I sent my last post twice (yep, thinking clearly!) Thank you for all of the tips and advice. I am drinking water constantly (getting kinda' water-logged) and have a mouthful of hard candy right now. My brain just isn't working. It seems to have teemed up with nicotine, and they are trying hard to commit mutiny! I got rid of all my ashtrays today except one which I left unwashed and I make myself smell it every time a strong cravig hits. Man, that is disgusting, hard to believe that I've smelled like that for all these years. (By the way, it is emptied, so no chance of doing a butt search, either!) So, in short, I'm staying strong, but feeling pretty weak. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 73 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys, I woke up this morning and started the bargaining process... (ie "I could buys some, smoke a couple and then throw them out.. I don't really smoke THAT much...blah blah blah"). ACK!!! I'm also feeling kinda sad and really anxious. I'm not working today, my husband is in another state and I just think if I leave the house I'm going to buy some. I have so much to do, but I'm also having a hard time concentrating. I wish someone would lock me in a cage because my will power seems so feeble. How do you guys do it?!!! -Sierra [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Thanks... Though I feel kinda guilty about it, I decided that stopping smoking is important enough to put aside my non-emergency obligations. Everything I accomplish today in addition to not smoking will be the icing on the cake. I'm going to work out though, since that might help with the depression stuff, and MAYBE something else too. It's hard to explain that to my husband, who didn't know I was really smoking. I hope I can communicate how hard this is for me and that he can support me without making lots of judgements. (Oh, and I'm drinking water. See, TWO things in addition to not smoking today.) :) sierra [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Thanks Brittinus.... I am definately out of my denial when it comes to my addiction. I have lied to my doctor and everyone else who asked if I smoked. My thought was "I don't REALLY smoke". I just called one friend who said it was easier to quit drinking than smoking for him (he's not alcoholic, but he had come to rely on it socially). He said for 7 years he wanted one (ACK!! Oh NO!!!) but now he doesn't. So I guess there is a lot of support. Including you. Thanks. I want to not rely on this anymore. I want to be free of it. (Then every thirty seconds or so I don't..) But I do.... really. Ok. Back to laundry. sierra [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 21 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Hi bump... Congradulations on your second day. I just know that if I'd bought a pack today, I'd have smoked them. I almost stopped a million times. I am having a very hard day. I feel weak, and full of doubt. The "voices" in my head are very convincing about how I could manage to buy some, smoke a couple... or pack THEN quit. I already feel more anxious, overweight, and, well... anxious. Ack! WHERE IS MY RATIONAL MIND?!
18 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump- I agree that your junkie is tricking you. You're treading on very thin ice having those smokes there. sierra- hang in there. I know the power of that voice, and how it can ware you down over time. I think controlling that aspect of the quit is the most difficult. It's like arguing with your kids. Sometimes its easier to just give in, just so you don't have to listen to the fighting anymore. Unfortnately, that leads to spoiled kids...and in the case of smoking...cancer.
  • Quit Meter

$50,407.32

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6251 Hours: 1

Minutes: 58 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: