Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

No more headaches ?! since quitting !

16 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit 14 days ago and I can breathe so much better however, this dizziness that i feel has not gone away. I am hoping that it is just withdraw and not anything else. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.86 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree. I said this yesterday in a different forum, 'IF I CAN BEAT THIS ADDICTION, I CAN DO ANYTHING.' And you know what? I'm beating it into the dirt 7 feet under, instead of me.!!!!!! Happy weekend to all of you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,610 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $396.87 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All & Happy Saturday, I also wanted to thank everyone for all the posting, advise and continued testimony to the fact that the noctine can and shall indeed be beat. Watching and listening to everyone everyday hanging strong and true has probably been the biggest factor in being able to remain quit for me. I feel so much better about myself--and also am thinking if I can beat this--the possibilites for me are endless. The health benefits I have seen thus far include no wheezing at night & definitely far less winded at the gym during aroebics. So I also send hugs and thanks to everyone here... xox Deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow .. all very positive health improvement stories ! I really thought due to a stressful life that I was going to have to live virtually forever with those horribly painful headaches. And to read about all who have posted since your quit and how your lives have improved is amazing :) I too, just today when I was out at the store received a super compliment about how good my skin is looking "very fresh" ! WOOOO HOOOO ! ! ! ! We are so very fortunate to have this site and one another to share our experiences with. You are all such wonderful, caring and supportive people ! Hoping everyone is having a very happy, healthy and smoke free day ! Peace :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $216.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had a little wheeze at night.. I could hear it when I was falling asleep... haven't had it very long.. and at first I thought it was the dog... and then I realized it was ME. It is gone.. My husband said I am not having the small cough.. or throat clearing. I can walk farther and do more.. without being out of breath or exhausted. Like AZ girl (((hugs to you all)) I know without this site, friendship, peptalks, milestones.. etc. I would not be this far, Bonnie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 816 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $163.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yep, especially the sinus headaches, I even went to a acupuncturist to try to get rid of the headaches, had that horrible surgery, nothing worked...until now! No sinus headaches at all, AND when I had those TWO colds, they only added up to 4 days each. Now, this is a very cool thing, because I usually ended up in the hospital with asthma/bronchitis and breathing treatments and weeks of coughing and yada yada yada... so the answer is YES! I am sooooo much healthier now. One of the women doctors told me the other day, "Your skin looks really clear, now." WOW! [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/Female_parrot-1.gif[/IMG] Hugs to all of us winner quitters! Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $395.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm so glad to hear so many of us are feeling better. Since I quit, I no longer get little nasal sores in either nostril & my lungs feel REALLY BIG especially when I first wake up in the morning & take that 1st deep breath. 2 weeks before I quit I went to the doctor for a consultation. Today was my follow-up with him. I have gained 7 lbs (not the 27 lbs it feels & looks like), he took my completely off my blood pressure med's, my bloodpressure was in the NORMAL range & he wants me to stay on the 7mg patch a little longer. I'm just now getting the heavy duty withdrawals I've been hearing about. I may have to go for some anger management classes soon. I don't let anyone in the car when I'm driving because that's when I scream & the unusual potty mouth opens up. Of course, I keep all the windows up & the radio loud. By the time I get to my destination, I'm all better. Hey, I fugure I'm not hurting anyone & it works for me. I go back for blood work in about 3 weeks to have all my lab work done & especially have my thyroid checked to see if my med's need to be changed. I am so glad I went to see him today. He gave me the Biggest "Atta Girl" & kudo's & pats on the back. I was feeling down & strange the past few days, since I went to the 7mg's this past Tuesday. I've been feeling like a ditzy, confused 'blond' medicine head & didn't realize why. (Absolutely no offense to the blonds out there. I used to be one.) He said it from the withdrawals. One of the good things that has come out of this quit is, IF I CAN CONQUER THIS NICODEMON, I CAN DO ANYTHHING!!!!!!!! and I'm doing it. Thank you all for your support. I am really glad I stumbled onto this wesite. Everybody gets a BIG HUG! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $388.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
Hi Sylvie :) I'm so glad too that the headaches are gone ! Hope you're having a super day hon ;) Peace :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $207.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Hey Jim, I too suffer(ed) from acid reflux. I use 'suffered' because I don't know for certain that since I stopped smoking it won't return. I mean I certainly hope that by stopping it will never return again... I usually get about 2 - 3 bouts of it a year.. once again, all stress related and the med's to make me feel better really upset my IBS. Now that I see that you and your brother in law no longer have acid reflux since stopping smoking I'm crossing my fingers - and toes.. lol that mine will disappear as well :) Anxioux, good to hear that your sinus problem has improved :) Now that I think about it my eyes aren't dry anymore either. Sorry that your acid reflux was so bad that it required surgery :( Well I'm sure other's will come here and let us know what kind of conditions they once had when they smoked and now that they are non smoker's their conditions no longer exist. Oh Jim... EVERY day is a GREAT day to be a non smoker ! ;) Cheers ! Peace :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $207.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Peace, that's a great question! So glad the headaches are gone! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: