Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

8 Years and Counting!

11 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lolly,

Wonderful to know you are doing so well. That's right putting that initial distance in, just those fews extra "I can do this" puts a person up, up and over the top.  Smooth sailing, no worries, congratulation on how may mornings without a wake up smoke is that? Happy for you dear Lolly!

Sticking
11 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh my goodness!! I'm very happy for you :) WOW 8 YRS!! Now that's an accomplishment!! I was here back around 2005 and made it 1yr 4mos and then started again & haven't been able to get myself to this point for about 6yrs but here I am, day 1 12hrs & 41 min, lol. It's great to see your picture again, you look wonderful.

Love, Cherie xoxo 
11 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lolly - thank you, thank you, thank you. There IS light at the end of the tunnel...
11 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
  • Quit Meter

$56,815.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 7

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lolly -

Sorry to hear about your friend's husband.  Have a safe trip.  And, you certainly have made an impact on me and I am sure many many others...thank you again

Shannon
11 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Shannon,

I'm so glad I did not miss your post...We are packing this morning to visit a friend in Spain whose husband died of lung cancer.  Yes it was from smoking!

Thank you for your kind words and I am so happy that what I said made a difference to you...it made me cry to read your post...all I said was true and being able to help someone is why I remain on this site.  Often new quitters think we oldies are here for our own gratification... this is not true... we want others to know the freedom of quitting and the health benefits that go along with that quit.

You have two weeks under your belt now...Congratulations!  Stay strong and aware and...

Whatever it takes, just don't smoke!

Love Lolly.  

11 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lolly -

I want to take a moment to congratulate on your 8 years!  You are truly are an inspiration.  Your post to me really hit a nerve or two and I can tell you that I sincerely owe my two weeks smoke-free to you.  I mean that from the bottom of my heart.  Thank you for saving my life

Thanks,
Shannon
11 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone,

It's always so nice when people write such kind posts and lots of 'Attagirls!'

Duffis/Bob, - I may have quit before you, but your posts continue to inspire me in all walks of life.  I can now imagine how you and Roxie look thanks to the great photo' on FB.
Matt, Ashley & Carlos-Alberto  - thanks for the posts and praise.  I'll keep flying my colours for Freedom!
Eyja & Hot SiO2  - Thank you both for your kind words.  I'm not setting a very good example to new quitters, 'cos I'm not really doing rewards any more...just clinked a glass with my husband on the day.
Working On It  - I'm really glad I chose life too...It's great!
Dori & Roses  - I'm so glad some things I said helped.  Believe me, I was so grateful for some of the things which inspired me way back when...it's true, there is great medicine to be had here!
Josie  -  Last but never least!  -  Cara mia amica,  Sono sempre in Francia!  "Bonne Chance" anche a te.

Love Lolly.  
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amazing Lolly!

Congrats!

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A tremedous accomplishment to be proud of Lolly!  I too want to thank you for your inspirational positive messages.  It's so easy to focus on what your missing (nothing good - just the addiction tricking you to believe so) instead of on everything to be gained.  I especially like the statement about the future being ahead and not to look back.  It stpos that wistful negative thinking in its tracks.

Reading this thread: