Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,518 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW THE SMOKE IS GONE!

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the bump! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 238 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the bump Jaset, that was one hell of a good post.......applauds........
17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump for new people jaset...great post...can't believe I missed this one until now. Oh the power of the search button here. :) Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,263 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1134 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$121,036.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 964 Hours: 2

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaset You are a mind game master...Good to see triple digits ...you are making this thing into a 2D memory when once upon a time we believed it to be a 3D pleasure...No pleasure in it all...Keep going now...the only true pleasure now is beating this thing with a stick, one day at a time... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,498 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $434 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Amen...Jaset Face your trigger...don't run from it! auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,377 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $223.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Would rather have a cold one! lol, some eye candy for the eyes wouldnt hurt either! lol Jaset
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all you X smokers, I guess I finally hit the big 100 days and I am looking forward to 1 million more. I have been through a lot in the past 100 days. Some good but most not so good. Its all ok though, it was all worth it. I learned so much about myself and the way I was living my life. I learned that addictions can be controlled and I also learned that an addiction can leave you powerless if you let it. Wanna know something people, life is a precious gift, a gift worth fighting for and a gift worth living. The addiction is what destroys that precious gift. ( ok, I soften up a bit, I didn�t say kill, lol) There is so much to life that I was no longer going to let this addiction ruin my life and all who I love. Why are so many of us addicted? The answer is so simple and if you think about it, it makes all the sense in the world. That is, we look for something to avoid our pain. Nicotine does just that. When we change our mood, with diversions, we shut down and shut out our pain and we do nothing to soulve the problem causing it. On my 75th day of my quit I was accused of something that would never stand in the medical field. When my accusers left my office, I was pissed. I jumped up and headed out to the smoking hut behind the hospital. The urge was so intense, the worst I have had since my quit started. As I walked down the hall, I stopped and turned around and I headed back to my accusers. While walking, I told myself that no matter what happens in the minutes to come, I will not let my addiction stand in the way of my problem. I smiled and kept walking. Needless to say, I did what I had to do, I delt with these people and I am still smoke free because of it. I suppose if I had sucked down that smoke, I would have felt better but not really cuz its all in my head and I kept telling myself that. The solution: well, for me it was to stay with that problem and deal with it. Next I talked about it to others and that really helped me begin to heal. Life is not meant to be easy. It is difficult and it sometimes hurts. By our personal struggles we build and we define our character. Did anyone ever accomplish something that you thought you never wouild accomplish? When you finally got over all the humps and the hills, you felt like you were on top o
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jaset, we will look for you on the beach, i will keep a chair for you well done lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,742 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �464 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$113,530.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 9

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jaset, Congrats on 100 days. Isn't life grand whitout smoking? You have (just like me) a positive attitude which makes a quit more pleasant. I'm almost at 1 year and every day I thank God that I no longer have to smoke. I'm so much happier now than when I was a smoker. All I did was work, smoke, came home, smoke and watch tv and smoke. Every day I spent more than 3 hours smoking. What a waste of time that was. After the quit I started to write a book about quitting and that book is finished now. Next week it's going to a publisher and it is such a nice book. Good to read and all. After the quit and the writing I've started my own company and registered at the Chambers of something (don't know the English word). And now I help people to stop smoking. Strange to see how quitting smoking can change a persons life. Quitting smoking was the very very very best thing I ever did for myself. Have a nice weekend. Dutch xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 322 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �949.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is yours for the asking---this is a virtual beach...let your imagination go (kind of keep it in a pg-13 rating or the mods will get ya). ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 162 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1296 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6

Reading this thread: