Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

I have to admit this....jealousy....

17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Changing, I know how you feel, every time I see someone at work smoke, I think, why can't I? Just remember the feeling of the first week of quitting and do you really want to do that again? That is what will happen if we give in to that jealousy. Keep strong, keep going, YOU CAN DO IT :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 132 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're doing an excellent job of keepin' on too....thanks for the encouragement! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 30 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, I went to the doctors today and came out of the building...saw someone smoking...and I was like, "oh yeah, I want one. Just one more". Then, I heard myself thinking that, while standing outside of the DOCTORS office and I felt quite pathetic. Then I was like "you promised yourself last night you won't miss it. You can't take back your word". I mean, I have been having serious deep conversations with myself all day. It's keeping me sane...even though it sounds quite the opposite...it really is calming. So yes, I have experienced it. BUT, you are soooo much stronger than them! If I was the one who slipped, it would be I who is jealous of YOU! So keep kicking butt! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Changing, I think you feel that way because you are still early in your quit. Stay quit for a couple of months and you'll find you feel differently. Lots of support Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 895 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Changing, I have had that jealous feeling when I see someone smoking, but lately more often I feel sorry for the poor suckers who smoke. I walked through the smokers entrance today, and for the first time I really smelled how awful it was. The hallway even reeked. Is that how we smelled? I will keep that in mind, and maybe even use that entrance more often just so I don't get jealous. Keep quit...it only gets better! MomMom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 625 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $97 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Changing I didn't but I understand you... Quite a comlex feeling. mitri
  • Quit Meter

$295,210.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 22

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can smoke. This whole choice is yours. You can choose to smoke or not to........ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 890 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $247.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What's a solar plexus? Do I have one of those? ;p Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Changing, I think it's pretty normal for that nasty addict to rear up his head again and again. Just keep telling yourself that YOU don't want that cigarette, the addict just wants the fix. Slap that crap out of him. ha ha ha You're doing great. I'll tell you , I'm in week 3 now and it finally feels like Ole Nic has loosened his grip. Oh, I imaging he'll grab ahold again but for now, it's all good. So you just hang in there, okay? Stay Strong with Me, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 767 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Changing Your honest impresses me. I have never really felt envy when someone smokes, I mostly get a bad feeling in my solar plexus when I read about somebody slipping...You said it all right, its junkie thinking. That dosen't mean that its not a legitimate way to feel, its really just the junkie looking for an excuse... Be good to yourself, and stay strong...never smoking again is the best thing you can do, because I want you to live for a long long time... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,749 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $504 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: