Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I think I need Help!

18 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can not express how grateful I am for all of your posts. The wisdom, insight, strength, and support in each note has effected me and shown me healthier ways to think and fight this demon. I plan to use SSC ALOT this weekend! Thank you everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 11

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

My junkie thinking is really messing with me. I smoked for over 15 years and had a 1.5 packs/day habit. This is really my first time quitting. This week truly has been Hell Week for me. Every single minute of every single day is a struggle without relief. I never want to go through this again. But -- The big addict thought that's plaguing me now...."Everyone relapses, a lot of the postings I've read in SSC refer to multiple efforts to quit....so, it's okay if I have my first relapse". I know this is messed up and the nicodemon talking, but I'm really struggling with this! Any advice? :quest:[font=Comic Sans MS]Text[/font] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you for the support. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 121 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Struggling, Things probably seem really crummy, TRY Super hard like Lady said and reach down DEEP and count the good things going on with you and keep the focus there. If it was easy NOBODY would smoke, right? Everyone has told you right, good days and bad days. Hell, within one day you will have good 5 minutes, bad 10 minutes, etc. Keep on the task at hand. It's NEVER okay to have a re-lapse if you decided this was the QUIT!!!! Plus you are at day 4, -- BE the WINNER FOR TODAY and Hang tough. When I hit the bed at night, I tell myself I am a winner today! And I am proud of my little bit of time of no smoking. Everyone here makes me feel great about it too and they are not shy about telling people - which is GREAT! Don't let that little voice tell you it's okay to slip. Starting over again would be just about the worst punishment I can think of, that's why I spend a lot time reading and learning here at SSC. HANG TOUGH, you got what it takes, Refuse to Lose, CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 219 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Struggling, You have not write since a few days. Are you still here - not smoking, or are you in a relapse? Of course it is a choice, I know it of myself. I also experienced, many times before now, that I wanted to stop smoking , although not very honestly. I was not ready. I learned from every failure of mine, all this helped me to understand my reasons of smoking. I realized, it is not simple a habit. This realization helped me - to stop now, finally. Thus, wether are you suffering your cravings, or suffering your relapse, please try to understand the very reason of it - why, and what is exactly hitting you so hard? quitting smoking is also a journey inward. Parola [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 232 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Struggling - Per your post ~ you are acutely aware that the words in your head are the junkie talking, so the awareness and clarity is there, dear one. Like everyone has said, it's a choice, it's a HUGE choice. It's your LIFE. It's smoking or not smoking. It's your health or being a smoker. It's being clean and fresh rather than stinking. So many life-changing choices, eh? Not everyone "relapses" - I have not slipped, I am one of the blessed ones who has read and read and read more and more about the slips, and the sadness, the junkie talk - that in just one moment, one of our Quit family here let go of their guard for just one second, just one flash. And SNAP - there's the slip... I have learned from others, as Pam so wisely stated. If I can learn from another's experience, rather than falling on my face, which choice would I make? There is so much information on this website, read and read and read some more... Build your toolbox of coping skills/proactive behaviors so that when the junkie talk begins - you can wipe it out! Get pissed at the junkie, just get pissed! That'll take care of that junkie crap talking... Now, in this moment, you are blessed with the same choice. How committed are you to YOUR QUIT? How important is it that you stay QUIT? It's a choice... Blessings coming your way- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Struggling, Sorry that I didn't see this before, smoking 1.5 packs/day, (hum), I was close to that too. First time quitting, let this be your last because it became harder, for me each time I tried to quit. I really believed that I could just smoke one and it would be okay, but do you know what I was again back to that pack a day smoker. You don't want to wait like I did 50 yrs of smoking. I don't care how long you have smoked it still has the same hold on you. But what I guess I am trying to say to you is this, now I have health problems but I hope I cought it in time to where I can heal to a point and have a long and happy life. I watched my husband did of lung cancer and that is a painful death. I'm not trying to scare you but it is reality. I want you to start thinking about your health, I want you to start being loving and gentle to yourself. I was so angry at myself for so long I hated the image that I was putting forth to the people that respected me and loved me. After I quit I started cleaning my house, because every time I came in my house I could still smell that horrid smell. Now that I can have my windows open it is beginning to get better. I went and had my car cleaned and deodorized. That made a world of difference because that is when I wanted to smoke the most was when I was driving. Now when I get in my car it smells like a new one, and that is wonderful. You have a wonderful quit going, so hang tuff and keep believing that you CAN do this quit..... Blessing and love sent your way.... SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $318.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$229,908.38

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 2

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You get to choose. If you smoke and really want to quit you will end up reliving all of the stuff that has gone on the last four days once you choose to quit again. If you smoke and don't want to quit you will go the route of smokers and what ever happens to smokers as the go through life or death. All in all you get to choose. Good for you for seeing that what is going on is addict thinking. My addict is very cleaver and will do a lot to get what he wants. I however always get to choose what I want, and right now I want to live, live a life that is free form smoke and tobacco and all of the poison in cigarette smoke. You get to choose. You can stand in your courage and strength and live up to the commitment that you made to yourself not to smoke or you can choose to cave and smoke. Simply so you know, the quit really does get easier and it takes time. It also takes your unflagging strength and commitment to yourself and your quit. Stay Strong [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 976 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $360 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Struggling, Believe me everyone that has relasped wishes they had not. Only you can decide what to do. Maybe this will help you decide what to do. I can guarantee you that if you start to smoke again, you will also get to a point where you will want to quit again. Then you have to start all over. So the moral of the story is: you might as well just stay quit now, because that is alot less stressful in the long run. Try to hang on, I promise it will get better. The craves lessen, and even though you may still have one way into your quit, It will be a lot less then the craves we had everytime we had to have a cigarette when we smoked. I would have 20 craves a day then. Now it is only a few times a day if I have any at all. Iwin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,758 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $348 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Stuggling... Congratulations on your 4 days quit. Now you have proven to yourself that you have what it takes to make this quit work for you. Yes, a lot of people around here slip. More than that do not. There are a lot of us that committed to quitting smoking and stuck by our committments to ourselves. Quitting is by no means easy and everyone's quit is different. As for me, I kicked, screamed, fought and cried for that first sixty days and then I cried some more for the next 60 dyas. I had good days and I had bad days. You will have good days and you will have bad days. The point is you CAN do it. You take each successful five minutes that you are quit and you build on it with the next five minutes. We all quit the same way. N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever. As long as you don't light that next cigarette you have got it made. Dig deep and pull out all the courage and strength you can get your hands on because that is what it takes. Just think of the pride you will have in yourself once you reach the freedom from the slavery of smoking. I'm here to tell you it is the most awesome feeling in the world. Like Riverdale man said, you get to choose. You have chosen to quit smoking and not to be a slave any more. A wise choice. Stick to it. Believe in yourself. You can do it. Chin up, best foot foward, possitive thinking.....here we go. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 279 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,597 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $976.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38

Reading this thread: