Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Day 19,I failed

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Smokey!! Remember, YOU don't WANT a cigarette....the addict side is looking for a fix. Big ole difference there. Stock up with those things you'll need like LOTS of water, gum, hard candy, sunflower seeds, etc. Water really helped me with craves and the slow breathing did too. One big thing that helps me is every time a crave comes, I remind myself that my body is healing. That thought just makes me feel better. Keep posting, okay? We're all right here for you. You CAN do this. You'll be stronger now and we're behind you all of the way. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,046 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $161.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done non - smokey! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 239 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,266 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1254.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokey, Make a fresh start. Pull all of your strength, get your crave buster mechanisms ready and lets get started again. We are all here to help! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 859 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
THANK YOU ALL,for the support.I just got to work and smoked one out of the pack,I bought yesterday,IT JUST TASTED TERRIBLE....I have destroyed the rest.......I SMELT MY HANDS ,THEY STINK WITH SMOKE.I WILL STOP SMOKING NOW,I know better than to do this.....
17 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
smokey We react to our quit either with an inner determination, like when our inner body voice says no thanks, or with a moral determination, like when our will power says never again but a part of us says I would feel better if I could have smoked just one cig. Well I think the easiest way for us to end our addiction is to quit with our inner determination. Luckily this time it happened to me with no effort. Not that I had no pain or triggers; I only became conscious that smoking would not relief my physical and mental restlessness. I can only suggest you to become fully aware of your decision no matter how long it takes. When you deeply feel that cigarettes are not the magic stick you need to cope with your emotions you become a no-smoker in your body as well as in your mind. I wish you lots of lovely free smoking days; I�m sure you can do it. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 296 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $59 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$295,152.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 17

Minutes: 15 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey Smokey, Don't beat yourself up but learn from your mistake instead, okay? I did and I know you will too. And you can come out a lot stronger by learning from your mistakes. Next time, you'll know how to handle the stress without a cigarette. It's a bump in the road so jump right on the wagon with the rest of us. Okay? We'll help you aboard. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,027 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $161.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
A rational person's desire and an addict's crave are easily confused at times. Having said that, in my opinion this question can be very, very difficult to answer. [i]Is your desire to quit stronger than your desire to smoke? [/i] Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,027 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $161.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
smokey- You're going to have to own your own quit, my friend. There is no other way around this. We can support you, and we can love you... and we can hold you up on tough days, and give you a hug when you need one. What we cannot do -is walk your walk for you. We cannot deal with your cravings, and we cannot own your quit. Only you can. So it's time to ask yourself a very important question. And what's even more important, is to be honest with the answer. Is your desire to quit stronger than your desire to smoke? That question needs to be answered as soon as possible. Unfortunately, there is no magic bullet, there is no pill that we can take, there is no thought that we can have that is going to make this easier. You have to own your quit, and you have to keep your quit grounded, and you must protect your quit at all costs! From this point on, generally, IMO -the journey will get tougher and more challenging. So it's time to grab hold yourself, ask yourself that very important question above, and be honest with yourself. You can't fight this fight with intention and commitment, until you want to quit more than you want anything else! Blessings sent- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 394 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,824 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1832.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smokey, don't smoke another cigarette. Don't reset your meter unless it's important to you that you do so. Look at your relapse as a part of your recovery. Learn what there is to learn from it, about what's motivating you, about your attitude toward quitting, the way you handle your triggers, etc. Take as much from it as you can and move on. You are NOT starting all over again, and don't let anyone tell you that you are. You will not go through the same physical withdrawal that you did, initially. In fact, you shouldn't go through any physical withdrawals at all. You've been learning how to live as a non-smoker, and you can continue to apply what you've learned. This slip can be the first step on your way back to becoming a smoker, or it can be a stumble on your way to becoming a secure non-smoker. You choose. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 722 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $259 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well as a matter of fact, you do want to smoke. You have a desire, and it is going to come over you whether you like it or not. But, it is not bigger than you, and as long as you don't smoke, these desires will become fewer and fewer with less and less stength. You are an addict and you have reawakened the addiction and now are going through withdrawal. Day 1 all over again. Yep that is what happens. You need to find some other coping mechanism. So it was a stressful day. Is smoking going to help? It might take away the craving to smoke, but you'll end up feeling bad. Is that helping? How about a bath. A movie. Some chocolate. Play some cards. Some exercise. There are plenty of examples of dealing with craving and withdrawls on this site. READ, READ and READ some more. Do anything but smoke. It is the only way to be free. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,678 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $954.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$330,343.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6025 Hours: 17

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: