Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Does anyone have chest pains?

18 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL! Hi 4! That is an interesting way of explaining it!! I like that! It really IS more of an ache, than a pain. I do have an appointment though, JUST to be on the safe side and ease my mind! It's just so weird! You quit to feel better, and then get odd aches! Geesh! LOL! :p ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$391,730.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 12

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Elle, I'm so glad I found this post! I too have been having pains. Not real pains, but aches. It's very hard to explain! Saturday around here is was damp and raining, and that's what it felt like in my chest, like a "dampness" had settled. I did call my doctor today and I have an appointment with him. The good thing was they asked me a bunch of questions, and don't seem overly concerned ( I don't go in until early next week!) and I'm having NO trouble breathing, so! Of course, if it gets worse, they I am to call/go in RIGHT away. So, and this is going to sound wrong but you all know what I mean! I'm glad to find out it's NOT just me! And I just read Gary's post and that makes sense too! I am also wondering if I strained myself, I own a petsitting business and some of my dogs PULL like he** so! Who KNOWS what is up with me, but I am glad I called my doctor AND found this thread! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$391,730.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 12

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have that tightness too so hopefully mine will go away. My lungs are clear but I am coughing. I read where the chest tightness is due to coughing and lungs trying to cleanse themselves. It was on the Candian Lung Association. It said it could last up to 2 weeks. I had been smoke free for 3 weeks and then I fell off for 4 days but on the 5th day, I stopped again and it has been for a week and I plan on keeping it that way too. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$36,083.49

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 420 Hours: 7

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey All - How's everyone on this Tuesday evening??? I have had some discomfort in my chest. Right now I got a WHOPPER of a sore throat. I was sick last week as well and basically slept it off for an entire day. It was some stomach thing my daughter gave me, not related to the quit. I am eating well, taking vitamins and resting at night. During the day since I am off work this week, I have been exercising twice a day. I still feel pretty well, but as said above, often wonder what others are experiencing. I also have times during the day (times that I used to smoke) that my mouth waters. In in turn, I water it back!!! LOL. I am floating from drinking so much water. I am on off work this week and I was a little worried at first about being home becuz at work I smoked maybe twice a day. Then I read something that made complete sense here on the boards. I can always smoke, it is not easier in one place than another or alone as opposed to a crowd. It's a choice. My choice is made. Now I just have to keep the reasons why right in front of me. I am suspicious by nature, therefore don't trust that things will happen on their own. It thrills me that I can make this good thing happen, and that I have to do it myself. You can ask ANYONE, Virgo's always like to take care of things themselves. Control freak, I like to think that in this case, it's working in my favor. :O) Keep the faith. Hangin In, Not Givin In, Coben Fan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $59.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Did you know that cigarettes contain chemicals that act as brocholdilators which open up air passages, like asthma meds for example? I agree that chest tightness shouldn't be ignored, but I have seen this complaint a couple of times on this site as well as read about it. It's a diabolically ingenious additive for cigarettes to get the nicotine in quick, and I recall, as disgusting as it seems now, how I got that first good clearing cough in the morning following my first cigarette. Interesting. Anyway, the pressure you are experiencing could very well be this. But I'm glad you checked this out, just the same. Keep up the good work! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $468 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My chest tightens up sometimes. Is that what yours did? It is not at all painful, just wierd. And it is spuratic(??spelling??) It comes and goes throughout the day, and doesn't last very long. I just thought it was a craving. Unfortunately, I dont have health ins yet, so I cannot afford the doctor right now. Soon though........... Have to wait until April 1. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there again Fran! I just responded to your other post. I felt this pain, well not exactly pain, but some sort of feeling in my chest early on in my quit. I came across another post, and that person put it into words for me. He said it felt like his lungs ached for a smoke. That is exactly how I felt. My chest ached for a cig. It finally went away around day 10-12. I would have gone to the doctor if it had been painful though. It felt like my chest would tighten, then ache. It is nothing to play around with though. For your own sake, you should definately see a doctor. Better safe than sorry!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120.99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone. My chest pains finally went completely away. I still really don't know what caused it and wasn't sure if it was because of my quit since it was during the same time. It's funny how my body is adjusting. I don't even know what's normal or not anymore. I am grateful that there are people always here for advice and support. Knowing someone is going through the same thing is very comforting. I'm glad we are here for each other. I like to know right away if something is wrong with me. I usually go see the doctor for everything that doesn't seem right. It saves me the worry and I suggest if anyone else has any medical concerns to do the same. We all have done a great amount of damage to our bodies and it's better to know now than later if something is wrong. Elle [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 430 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
i have been experiencing some tightness around my chest area for the last couple of days and am freaking out. it's not pain but just uncomfortable. it doesn't hurt when i inhale and exhale. there are though some people sick at work but i'm not sure if it's related. i have a lot of congestion right now. i don't recall experiencing this the few times i've quit. i also have been feeling fine up until my 7th day. that's when the chest aches started. is this normal or do i need to go to the doctor's asap? btw, i'm not using any nrt's. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 84 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
thanks guys. it usually starts off in the morning and slowly gets better as the day progresses. i've made an appointment with the doc. for tomorrow just to be on the safe side. i will keep everyone posted. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 85 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6

Reading this thread: