Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

APRIL quitters !

17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Purple]Good Monday morning to all [b]APRIL ASHKICKERS ! ! ! ![/b] My head feels much better this morning ! You're right Karen..the fog isn't as bad and it's a beautiful sunny and mild day here in Toronto :) Hey jonthedj - Welcome aboard ! Congratulations on your decision to stop smoking and look at your stats.. Wow.. now you're in day 6 ! Way to go :) Sister - that's the ticket - Keep busy/distracted, lots of self talk and you're flying free as a bird hon ! When things start to get funky go for a walk, watch your fave program on t.v., throw in a movie, do the dishes.. busy busy busy ! Also, go back to your list of why you decided to stop smoking - that helps me a lot. Lou - you are going to be extremely busy, but know that we are thinking about you and when you have a chance pop in and let us know how you are doing ! Banana !!! Wooo HOOOO !!! Congratulations on ONE MONTH smoke free ! You're doing so well :) Mav - you're right almost May ! You're doing great hon :) Ok.. off to do my laundry and then out for my daily long morning walk. Take good care all and celebrate your smoke free lifestyle :p J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 657 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 238 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW :) 4 weeks & I'm still kickin' ;p Hello April Ashkickers!!! Hope you all had a nice weekend. Mine was relaxing & stress free. I even took in a production of 'Aida' yesterday, which was a lot of fun. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 707 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $227.08 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Go April Ashkickers it almost May!!! Thanks for all your help!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 351 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $145 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all. How is everyone? Well, I feel much better... my boyfriend is home, the kids are home... all is well. AND my boyfriend made the weekend without smoking... yayyyyy!!!!!! I will be working very long hours this week. Working from 6:30AM to 3PM and then teaching a class from 4PM to about 7 or 8PM. I will check in when I can. Hope everyone is doing well tonight, talk to you all soon. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 179 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again, I kept myself busy outdoors after the rain stopped and the sun came out. I got a lot of yard work done. It's around 8pm now and things are starting to quiet down, I am only worried about having a meltdown before the day ends. I am going to watch "Desperate Housewives" and then "Sisters & Brothers" and then go to bed. Everytime I had a craving today, I was able to talk myself out of it and stayed very busy. Keep your fingers crossed, I know I can get through the remainder of the evening "smoke-free". [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Im an April quitter too! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jean, you are looking great, too! See if you can embrace that foggy feeling for what it really is--your body healing and recovering from nicotine. Give yourself a few days to get over it, and then you will be in really fabulous shape! I stopped using the patch after 4 days, dropping from the 21 to 0, and I was glad I did. I think we all fear the dreaded "cold turkey", but my experience (twice, I'm afraid), is that it isn't really that much worse than using an aid. Best of all, once the withdrawal is done and the system is clear, you won't have to go through it again to adjust to getting off the aids. Just stay strong, and you will come through this with flying colors! Karen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 947 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $138 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jean, glad things are calming down for ya. Way to go! You are very welcome... glad I could help ya out. We are all in this together. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jeanigirl, Congrats on day 1! You're doing great! Grandma, Be prepared for your step down. Most quitters do have experience a period of adjustment so have your coping strategies ready. Happy birthday! Sistermt, Welcome to the SSC and congrats on your first day! Please take the time to work through our online quit program. It will help you get ready to tackle cravings and other triggers. If you have any questions, just ask. Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Purple]Deep breaths taken, two long walks, cooked dinner, watching the Jay's WIN and things are finally calming down :p Wow ... what a day, but it is getting better. Lou thanks again for 'covering' for me.. and thanks Danielle for that pep talk and for 'editing' my screw ups.. SOOO appreciate that ! I try to keep up with the Ashkickers - such a wonderful group of April Quitters and everyone, whether they have one day or one month under their belts deserves the recognition ! I now know what a major stimulant nicotine has and when it's lessened substantially you get weird -- HEALTHIER, but kinda weird ;p as well as confused as hell :confuse: Ki your stats are looking oh soooo fine ! Good for you girl :) sistermt - it's your 1st day .. be gentle on yourself. Do a lot of reading here and post whenever you need someone. There's always a member to come-a-running to your rescue, just give it some time :) And as other's have already done - WELCOME ! The more the merrier.. We're all here for one another - Such a wonderful group of non smokers! Grandma - way to go ! Cold turkey :) Keep us updated with your progress on that ! Even though I said I wasn't coming back today I just HAD to .. Needed to see what's happening here at my 2nd home ..lol... but it's true. See you all later.. and take good care ! J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 641 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $256.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: