Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

WHOA.......OoooooUuuuuCcHh

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm so proud of you....the "voices" can be overwhelming at times, but to recognize them and rationalize them and see them for what they really are is a huge step in the right direction. I actually had a conversation with myself recently and the voice told me to reward myself for almost two weeks of not smoking by buying a pack and having just one...lol...unbelievable...I purchased a CD instead. Be proud and enjoy the fresh air today. You deserve it after all that! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 294 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your post left me breathless.. I cried for you, and then I realized I was also crying for a little girl (me) at 15. Not the same situation, but very similar. Penguin you didn't cave in to the crave.. :) Do what you need to do and Santa, children,,, a good choice! [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/happy062.gif[/IMG] Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 416 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi penguin well done on getting through the crave way to go looking good on 4 days lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �104 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$113,535.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 17

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow - Penquin....you touched me too. Good for you to identify what you were feeling and to take care of that 13 year old girl. Congrats on 4 successful days. How was Santa? Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,397 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $345 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, what a touching story! Getting in touch with that young child that started smoking all those years ago is, I think, an important step in getting over this addiction. It's important to forgive that young person (even if you want to smack him/her for being so stupid!) and acknowledging why you started, but then also letting it go so that we can get on with the quit. It sounds like you had an opportunity to do that today. Be good to yourself for getting through that tough craving. You deserve it! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 387 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,689 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1598.31 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! What a powerful post! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,635 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $576 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, You can't affect change your future if you do not understand your past. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, I used to 'know' a 13 year old boy who sounds a lot like that 13 year old girl. take care and keep your quit Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 280 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,415 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �2100 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go. Keep going to what will get you through. Yeah acknowledge the dialogue, the pain ... all that stuff. AND go to where you need to be quit. Go to where you need to get your health and your life back. Way to go. If it is watching Santa and the loving way of the children then go. Stay Strong - Stay Quit. Right here for you. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 275 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,888 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penquin, I have watched you struggle with your addiction for over a year now. I see something new in this quit of yours. A seperation of you and the addiction. You have personafied the addiction as something that is not a part of you but rather the antagonist. I believe you have found the key you need to make this quit the one that lasts for you. You are gaining the knowledge necessary to succeed. The confidence that you can do this. The determination that you will not be defeated. The courage to stand against your addiction and the determination that you will not give up this fight. Watching you grow and succeed in something you have wanted so badly for so long is just amazing. Thank you for sharing it with us. Lady. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 506 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,132 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1771 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: