Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Are you an honest quitter?

17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
*Memory Lane Bump*
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Another great thread by Golferman! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
18 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If I failed I would want to share it with others, and why it happened. I would hope my slip would help others not to do the same. The advice I have seen on SSC is wonderful not to mention, it's FREE! So use it as a hand up if you fail and a rail to hold to if you don't. M.Robinson ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 297 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $49 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Still smoke free, and thats no lie ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 57 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have to say that I am most definately 100% an honest quitter and very proud of it. I honestly could not ever come onto this site after having slipped and then claim otherwise...the guilt would eat me alive. Plus, I cannot see any good in doing so. Why not just rejoin under a new name or never post again???? I suppose if you have been on this site for a long period of time and became very well known I can see where there would be a temptation. Otherwise why lie to others when you are really only lying to yourself and loved ones. Good Post, and I too have noticed much less postings lately. Hopefully they will come back soon. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 380 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Joe, and I just love the verbal tennis between you and Duffis! I started thinking about liars on the site and my first reaction was "well I'm not bothered cos it dosen't affect anyone else". Then I thought "No.....hang on a minute!". The reason for that quick change of heart is that a lot of people spend a considerable amount of time reading posts, thinking about the message, and then doing their very best to repond to the best of their ability.........the motive? To help others and to help ourselves. Is it a waste of time if the person we are responding to is deceiving themselves? No it is not, because I'm not bothered if they deceive me or others.......the effort and time spent will hopefully benefit the many other people who read posts and who are honest. The messages don't only reach those who they are addressed to. The only person hurt is the one deceiving themselves. Anyway, got to go....................can't see the dog and can hear running water. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 264 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �185 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Golferman !!! You are one of the main reasons I love to come to this site. I do not post as much as I use to but I still come in here everyday to read all the posts and I enjoy yours every time. If not for you and others on this site I would not still be smoke free after 70 days !!! WOW never thought I would be able to say that !!! CJ :) :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,407 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $196 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$63,582.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6423 Hours: 9

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 211 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Our Golferman Returns!! So good to see you Joe. I know you've been in and out a few times, but finally we are hearing from you!!! I posted on here not long ago how amazing it is to me when someone comes in here and admists they've slipped. I said at the time that I didn't know if I would ever be able to do that and I still hope I never have to find out. You are right though. This is a safe place. Everyone here is going through the quit or has been through it, so no one here is above it. Sometimes I come in here for support, other times just for company and then other times to impart some tidbit I have. This is a great place to keep the quit. vicki just 1 puff away from 2 packs a day [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,568 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $623 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I slipped in my quit and I am glad that I posted it. Becouse everyone on this site is very supportive. It took me a couple of days to get up the nerve because I was very upset with my self. But I will not give up. I had quit for 90 days and I will do it again. Vivian Ash Kickin Joker [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i like to be honest with you all , it gives you all such a laugh !!!!!! jan xxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/13/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,383 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �375.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: