Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Help!

16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wow Minnesota you are soooo brave . As for the chair wouldnt fit in my bath . Maybe one of the bench things that disable people use could work .
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, I had a similar experience with bath and shower issues. I wish I had thought of the chair in the tub, that would have been a great help. Thank you for sharing with us on this subject. It is nice to know, that I am not the only one who has struggles with this. -Diva
16 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI, Sylvie, thanks, I am very hard on myself, and I have to try to give myself a break once in a while.:)
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Minnesota, Great to hear that you're working on combating your fears. Baby steps are a great way to move forward. Take your time and don't push yourself too much. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 341 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again, about 2 months ago, I had to take a week off work with anxiety problems, I couldnt get in the shower, I was dizzy, and I was dizzy in the bath, so I know this sounds crazy, I never even told my husband this, but I put a chair in the bath(a plastic garden chair) (got to be careful as its slippery)( made a heck of a mess with water everywhere hehe!!) and I sat in the shower just to wet my hair and soap a bit, I was shaking but the sitting helped. I felt so much better, I did that for a few days, then I wanted a good bubble bath, so I did that but tried to relax, I felt so tight from nerves. Then after I did the bubble bath thing for a few days, I just got in the shower, it took a few days but its ok now. Its so great to have everyone here to vent to, its a good release. Now when i'm in the shower, I sing loudly, and try to not get anxious, and just enjoy the water and try to relax.
16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Flo, You are a strong and smart individual! Next time you find yourself in a similar situation work on challenging your negative thoughts and focus on the physical symptoms you are experiencing. Are they real? Where are they coming from? Take some deep breathes and focus on your breathing. Continue to work through the session and learn about your anxiety. Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Florence , glad the attack went . Ive been having a long spell of them recently but am beginning to handle them much better . Not perfect but i get there lol . I havnt read about what you said about the shower yet but im currently having big problems in that area myself . Thought it was just me !! Use to have two aday at one time but now hmmmm well i do every few and they are the fastest in history . Just wanted you to know you are not alone :) Take care .
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Florence, I am glad you are feeling better. You mentionned a shower. If you are like me and have trouble with the shower, there is hope. I found the exposure exercices here and the techniques that helped me prepare really helped me conquer the shower issue. And heym if I can do anyone can. Hang in there, it really does get better :) Remember, this too shall pass! -Diva
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Flo, You are strong, take some time for yourself. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you, yes it's over... I didn't take a shower though. thanks again

Reading this thread: