Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

whats the worst that could happen?

13 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning Sunny! 
Thank you for your post and Thank you for understanding...
God bless you too !!

Your friend, Sid..

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sid:  No need to apologize at all.  That is how you felt at the moment.  Perhaps it was a mood you were feeling and not a true opinion after all.  I know you are a good person and have been through a lot with your late husband in the military.  Coming from a military family myself and having been married to a Marine too, I understand.  Bless you.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Language use is importantas you say.

When someone refers to anything "free" it's paid by your community inevitably, unless its promotional or from a benefactor

Politicians enjoy the fruits of this misnomer as do their civil servant machine, without recognizing the true benefactors - the common persons who collectively pool their money for the wonderful society we have
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What's the worst that can happen. Well with that wedding, some ones taxes will go up some how to pay for it or the rights to it. The rich never pay for anything themselves. Like our winter Olympics that ran over budget but didn't matter because the tax coffers are bottomless. I was paying for it years before it happened and will be paying still.

Funny isn't it how the minority can rope in the majority so they can have what they want. We pay entertainment tax so every one here can have TV even the ones that can't get it and the ones that don't want it. Life is just like that, so get used to it. Or move to the country and do without.

Just like panic, there is no one doing this to us, we do it to ourselves by accepting it. But we do have a choice. 

Tax is something that annoys me. For every dollar you earn, over three quarters of it goes for taxes, some of it like fuel tax is hidden. Some a person never even considers like property and income tax. How does it feel to be supporting two other people you don't even know.

My, I think I should have kept my mouth shut this morning. Just me venting so ignore me. Can you tell I went to the restaurant yesterday to visit the apples and have a hot chocolate. And some people do this every day. I never met so many happy negative people. (not really) :-)

Davit.
I meant "precendent" in the previous post
~m,
one positive thing that was a precent of that wedding was that gifts were asked to go to charitable causes instead of the bride and groom's party.
Imagine the difference we could make to the world, when we did that
And imagine the tax savings to the contributor
I see it as a mutual gainbut it might take some time for the convention to be accepted

I wonder if all the married people(and engaged or thinking about it would comment...I won't tell your spouse

13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Sunny for showing us the balance... how that works... how to find the path that will get us there.  Your post was beautifully written and powerful.  Just when I start thinking I should leave this site because I have nothing to offer... I am reminded that I need to stay because I have so much to learn.
Sorry for my negative and depressing post yesterday...I guess reading posts got me to thinking about the war and the people we have lost and the person I lost because of a war...This was my biggest loss and the beginning of my panic/anxiety/ agoraphobia...This was the worst that could happened to me at that time in my life.. I guess the ptsd of it all just got to me yesterday...There are lots of triggers for me, like going into his toolbox yesterday. I am so sorry for the negative post I will try to not let it happen again...

It really has nothing to do with the Royal Wedding, I am sure it was a beautiful ceremony...

Sid
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone:  I watched part of the wedding ceremony.  It was a joyous occasion to me.  I am interested in design and like to see the atmosphere created, the flowers especially, and the gown.  When I watch movies I very often look at the settings, the clothes and hair, makeup, how the costume designers got it right for the time period.  I once knew a woman who designed for theatre. 

None of this negates the other - the horrors of war and the terrible forces of nature which have been happening lately.  I am aware of them also, not forgotten and pray for them.

Politics play an important role in these events.  What does a beautiful and joyous prince's wedding do for their country?  think of all the struggles they have been facing and how this would be uplifting to the nation.  Sad but true, politics again when the ravages of war are not covered as prominently or as honestly as it should be.  

Your friend, Sunny
I really don't watch much television and I didn't watch the royal wedding today either..It would be very hard for me to enjoy watching this on the television when we have people dieing overseas so that we can all enjoy the Freedom we have today...
I am very concerned about the Men and Women dieing overseas and their families that have been left behind to carry on
without them..These people have all sacrificed so much so that we can live...

I wish people were more concerned about them and were more willing to help them deal with their pain...

I thank God every day for the freedom I enjoy because of their service and pray that they will all get the help they need whether they come home alive or in a box....

Sid......

Reading this thread: