Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-16 2:52 AM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-16 1:17 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,614 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MLISING, JHAYLO, AEREVE, AJESSICA JOY, bae2024

So many fears and anxiety´s :(

13 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi red, 

I don't really get parties. I understand how you feel - when I hear footsteps above me in my apartment, someone walking by my door or window, I get an instant panic attack. I don't even know why -- i guess I feel it could be the police, or they are out to get me, or they hate me. :( 

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaguar:  Welcome. Hang in there!  Hoping you work this CBT program and little by little see a change happening.  We are all here for you and you will get responses everytime.  Keep the faith.
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Jaguar,

With time is can get better.  I used to go out and buy supplies once a month and now I am able to leave my house about every 10 days or so.  Thats about how long it takes me to rest up after going out in the world.  I do love the security of the house and the peace and quiet until it starts to feel like a prison again.  My neighbors have started partying on the weekends so even being here is getting tough.  You are not alone here in the group when it comes to being agoraphobic there are a few of us around here and we really do understand.

Red
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Re:  If you spend too much time typing you will get logged out.  This happened to me too.  Now, I write it on a piece of paper first, so if I get logged off, I can just start again. 
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaguar

Don't take this personal, If you spend too much time typing you will get logged out, I just did. I want to welcome you here and say you are probably the worst case, but I am a close second, and I am fine now so so can you be. No playing down your case or patting on the head. You want to be better just like the rest of us and we are here to help you. Just like things you bring to this forum will help us. Keep posting. The program works but it takes time.  Now since I type slow, I'll post this so I can go back and read the rest of yours.

Here for you. 
Davit.
Um, thats a good question. I am warning you, this is really long - but you asked why, and here it is.I guess I just always feel like I am going to fall off the edge of the earth.

I have nonverbal learning disability - and I basically have no concept of time. I also have major issues with my internal clock - since I was a baby I had really bad problems with staying awake for 2 days in a row without sleep and then sleeping a long time. I naturally am awake at night, but that doesn't mean I sleep during the day. I don't know left from right naturally - I have lots of problems like this. I'm afraid that I am going to do things that aren't normal in society and get hurt or arrested. Often boarder guards would think I am hiding something, and then when I get accused of something, because of the mild autism (NVLD) I get emotional and I start crying. I have ended up in holding cells for 6-7 hours before they found I was doing nothing wrong. Just for suspicion for getting emotional when asked questions that hit a cord. I am a very honest person, so someone accusing me of lying will make me get upset. I know it's illogical - it's just a reaction I have. So i try and avoid any sort of situation like this. I'm terrified the same will happen with a police officer and I will end up in jail. Or I will do my taxes wrong. Or I will mess up immigration. Or break a law I don't know is illegal. I don't look like I have a disability, and people expect me not to have one. This scares me too.

That makes me really afraid of everything. I don't have anyone to help me with these kinds of things. I also have CFS, and Ulcerative Colitis - which I have been hospitalized for.  So I don't know when I am going to get sick or bed ridden. They tried to take out my gallbladder, and wouldn't listen to me when I told them I didn't have problems with it. Because they were doctors and in authority. I really tried hard to stand up for myself, and after the dr's getting very mad at me, they looked harder and realized that I actually had a bowel disorder and they admitted to me that they were just guessing it was my gallbladder from my symptoms. The highest people in society (dr's) just guessing and removing someones organs scares me. How can people in authority be so clueless? This scares me. They really don't know that much about medicine yet and they would do these sort of things without being sure?

I am afraid to make friends - because they always guilt me and treat me badly and attack me when I get to sick to hang out with them. I have trouble being friends with girls, and with guys I always feel pressured sexually. I've been molested before by guys I thought were my close friends. I find people always want me to be someone I'm not. I'm a pretty girl, but I don't care about that - I just want to be seen for my personality. People either want me to stop being a nerd, or stop being pretty. I'm not sure. I really want to play dungeons and dragons, or have people to play video games - but I find nerdy and smart guys don't want anything to do with a girl like me because they associate me with girls that were mean to them in highschool, and now that I want to hang out with them, it's a chance to "show me" but I didn't get pretty until I was older. I was a really fat ugly nerd that got beat up all the time and made fun of. I was proud of who I was anyways, because I only cared about what was inside. Sometimes I make myself gain a bunch of weight on purpose so I can feel more comfortable around nerdy people, but it makes my ulcers worse, and my health worse in general.

I've gotten sued before for being evicted out of a building, ( I stopped paying the rent until they would clean the mold that was rotting the walls ) they evicted me 4 days later, and then sued me for $5000 (after two years!)- saying I just left, making me pay the rest of the term. I didn't have the paperwork anymore for the eviction because so much time went by. I feel the world is out to get me a lot of the time because I am so trusting. I believe people when they say things. Like I believed I was evicted - but it turns out I wasn't evicted, they were just threatening me. I don't understand these kind of social games. 

My best friend for 11 years and I just stopped talking. She had fantasies about murdering me all the time and I found her journal talking about how she should be rewarded for not killing me when I was sick in bed after getting back in the hospital because she wanted to smother me with a pillow. She tried to kill one of my cats, and when I got upset at her she beat herself and had crazy wild sex and told the security at this hotel that I was beating her, and told her parents that and they told my mom that. I'm afraid to do anything because people can just lie about you and use it to ruin your life. She slept with my little brother when I went out for the night, and broke his heart on purpose because I told her that I wouldn't sleep with her. He got so depressed, and ended up with skizo - and almost died running naked infront of a moving vehicle. 

My dad died when I was 17 - He got sick before he died, and lost his mind. He kicked me out on the street. I don't know - I don't feel like I can trust anyone ever. My dad was my best friend. My husband cheated on me and beat me. My mom got a new BF and barely talks to me anymore because he doesn't like me because I remind him of my dad.
I have severe agoraphobia and sometimes I go three weeks at a time without leaving the house - only ordering groceries online. I am 25 now, and It's been about 6 years of severe agoraphobia - working only from home. But recently I have got afraid even of my email - or checking messenger. I stopped using computers all together for several months, but got the courage to come back online as the only way I can make money is with my computer skills - I have a few online businesses and I built my entire life off of never having to see anyone or talk to anyone in person.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaguar,

Why?

Davit.
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jaguar,

Section 4 of the program dealing with exposure work will provide you with exceptional information on learning fear, responding to fear and unlearning fear. Please take a deep look at this section of the program and work through it. The program will show you how to unlearn your fear by introducing you to exposure work. In exposure work, you’ll be asked to gradually face your feared situation. 

Members, how has exposure work helped you with your fears?

Samantha, Health Educator
I always fear today so much I go to bed, and I fear tomorrow even more - yet that is where I always end up. 
13 years ago 0 223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi sasssy/Emma,

I'm glad you are here.  This is a great forum; it is full of friendly advice from its members.  There is also a online program that can help you along the way. 

Please take the time to walk through the program.  Specifically, the program has a step by step guide to helping with your exposures, although I strongly recommend your try to complete session 1 through 9 as these sessions contain many valuable tips.

Please take your time with the program...there is not need to rush through it as it is full of information that will require some digesting.

Please keep posting and feel free to ask any of the members or health moderators any questions.

Look forward to reading your posts.

Jason, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: