Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I have arrived !

20 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lisa, I am in Ottawa. Funny...we are planning a Wassage Beach trip this summer. Small world! I hear it is very nice there although I have never been yet. Danielle
20 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Danielle, I see from another post that you are from Ontario. Where about's? Maybe were close by :) Lisa
20 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lisa, I can relate to that. When my panic was bad all my muscles were in knots. It is worse in my shoulders and upper back. I make myself relax!! I have even got a massage when it was really bad. I counted that as a reward for a job well done. Today try and concentrate on how you are sitting, standing, driving. When your in a face to face conversation are you ridgid? Relax your shoulders, take deep breaths. When you are driving are you gripping the wheel so tight? Try it today. Let me know how it is going. Have a Happy Easter! Shannon
Hi guys! I forgot to ask....anyone from Ontario, Canada in the group? It would be great if I found a friend that might be close by to me. You all are my friend regardless!!! Lisa :)
Hi Guys! Well I've made it through another day :) Even with all my fears, I am very excited about learning and meeting new people. It's been a long time and yes, I am very proud of myself for taking that step. I just plan to take things one day at a time. I have a question for anyone who may have some advice for me... Does anyone else experience HUGE tension most of the time? I find that my anxiety is worse when I am not moving about. Standing in line or just talking with someone in one position really brings on my Panic and anxiety. I find that when I relax (try to relax) at night I get real anxious and irritable. My muscles are so tight through the day that when my body tries to relax I experience muscle spasms and tremors in my upper body. It's horrible! Anyone feel this way or could this be a symptom of something else? Any input would be great! Love you all!!! Lisa
20 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Lisa!! I knew you could do it! I agree with Shannon you need to reward yourself. In the program that I am currently following they say to reward yourself everyday even if you only do one small thing to try overcome this disorder. If you love bubble baths, chocolate ice cream, watching a certain video or whatever your heart desires you have to tell yourself when you wake up in the morning that at the end of the day you are going to give yourself that reward and through out the day whenever the negative thoughts try to creep into your mind you just think about that reward and it will be a way to replace the negative with a positive. Let us know how things go tomorrow, I'll be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.
20 years ago 0 293 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Lisa, This is great! Congratulations. Keep posting your thoughts and concerns on the support group. You have reason to be proud, well done. Susanne
20 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lisa, Great News!! I thought about you today. You have to be so proud of yourself. I think you should celebrate. Order a pizza and jump in a bubble bath. Tommorow will be even eaiser. Keep challenging you anxiety. We are all cheering for you!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shannon :)
Hey everyone, I DID IT!!! At first I had a hard time getting out the door. But as soon as I was introduced to my co-workers I felt better. Everyone was so nice to me. All the way to work I kept telling myself that I can do this, and that nothing is as bad as you may think. Having social anxiety and fear of large rooms, I did really well. I took note of all my exits...just in case I needed to get out. But I did great, and I am so proud of myself for not backing out of this. Today was a good day and I will take it one day at a time. Thank you everyone for your encouragement it really helped me alot by focusing on all of your words. I feel like I am no longer alone, and that I have good friends here that understand me. Thank you all for your kindness! Keep in touch. I'd love to hear from you. Lisa
20 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You go girl! Danielle

Reading this thread: