Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Daily Quote(part 3)

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know the power obedience has of making things easy which seem impossible. Saint Teresa
No one gets very far unless he accomplishes the impossible at least once a day. Elbert Hubbard Sometimes everything seems that way.
The difficult is what takes a little time. What takes a little longer is the IMPOSSIBLE. Fridtjof Nansen
10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What he really meant is there is nothing you can't do if you throw enough men at it. He learned that from ants. Sorry Alexander but we are sort of on our own here so it is harder. Throwing men or money at it won't work.

Davit
There is nothing impossible to him who will try. Alexander the Great
I see what you mean. To the timid and hesitating everything is impossible because it seems so Sir Walter Scott
Hi Hugs.

You don't, your memory does. During conscious thought you have a choice, but during unconscious as in dreams and nightmares they come from memory. But these too recycle back to memory to be used again. So you can not get rid of them unless you make a conscious effort to change them during conscious thought periods so what you want goes into memory to bury them. It works like this, during the day think about how work was and how it is over and you never have to do it again. Think how good it is now. (even if it isn't, lie if you must) Think anything positive all day because if you think negative it will reopen those bad thoughts again. Even if the negative you think during the day isn't about work, anything associated will find it in memory to haunt you. Negative breeds negative. Positive breeds positive. See how this works. So when something annoys you think about something more pleasant and leave the negative behind so you won't store any more in memory than that it happened. This is the difference between concern and worry too. Worry sets you up for nightmares by association. Worry doesn't even have to be about work only associated. EG a similar situation. Work comes up instead of the similar situation because there is more of it in memory. The object is to bury all those old feelings about work with some other pleasant thought. It works best if you can find something pleasant that happened around work. Enough positives and I can guarantee the night mares and sleepless nights will end. But you have to work at it. 

Davit
Davit, How do control this when you're sleeping? Women, like men, should try to do the impossible And when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others Amelia Earhart
Hugs.

Visualization works well for nightmares. Basically when you have a night mare you visualize it as strong as you can make it the way you would like it instead of how you see it. In a short while that is what you will dream instead of the nightmare. Why it works isn't important, that it works is.

Davit
Man is so made that when anything fires his soul, impossibilities vanish Jean de la Fontaine I found this a few nights ago. I had discovered a software programme which allows me to track my diet, and was so immersed, that I must have stayed for two hours, navigating it!

Reading this thread: