Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,507 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Self acceptance....

11 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Ashley!

Shari
11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No problem Shari!

It's always ok to state you oppinion. The only thing I would add is yes honey is natures sweetener but like all glucose based food items it does contain calories. You might want to do an internet search to know exact amounts of calories if you are interested.

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,
I'll drink to that, with a change to my avatar.
11 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think it is not whether you drink coffee or not, but when you drink it. The effects last for different periods in different people. If it is going to affect how you deal with people or situations then best to avoid it in those times. I only drink coffee with breakfast, hours before I have to be anywhere it could affect me. 
I also put milk and sugar in it so it does add to my calorie count. 
Tea has the same amount of caffeine pound for pound but you use less so a cup has less caffeine, still I don't use anything with caffeine after supper. 

Davit.
Ashley & Shari,
I've only had decaf, except when I've tried the local stuff in exotic countries, as when in Rome, do what the Romans do.

Mom was a barrista by the way, but no-one would know we were related by my mundane taste!

Sorry,

I wasn't trying to promote caffeine or coffee, I just read an article on it effecting a person's mood.  For anxiety, I know it's not beneficial.  It doesn't cause anxiety, but it can make it more of a challenge, so I'm sorry if I shouldn't have posted that.  Feel free to remove it if you'd like :)

Shari
Hi Hugs,

In the questions to the expert section Dr. Farvolden talks about coffee and anxiety. You might want to take a look.

Ashley, Health Educator
Hugs,

I read a recent article that said two cups of coffee a day is good for your mood; it keeps you less depressed.  Coffee is a zero calorie drink (depending on what you put in it :)  Honey is nature's sweetener and I actually have a bottle and checked the label and there wasn't a calorie listed on it, so I think you're good and won't gain weight from drinking it.  

Shari
Thanks for the support Ashley.  December is such a difficult month, because I'm in between courses, which usually stop until january.

All afternoon, I've wondered if my ability to be open is "mine" or biological.  It's hard for me to take credit for "strength".  I know I've been drinking more coffee with honey, for example, and that's not great, although I haven't gained weight, it's not great for mood, is it?

Hi Hugs,

It's amazing what someone can achieve with a positive, can-do attitude. The more open you are to finding a solution the better able you are to finding one. Good for you for being able to get yourself motivated despite how you have been feeling. That takes strength.

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: