Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Virtual/Video support groups?

12 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much for your response, Ashley. That definitely makes sense about this format for the forum, and can definitely see the advantages. I did google for some support groups in my area but unfortunately wasn't able to find any nearby (DC area), but if you know of any websites or organizations that might sponsor some that I just didn't find in my searching that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again
12 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi LeviW,

I am not aware of any support groups with video chat.  We have done a bit of research before deciding on the forum type chat rooms and we have found that this type of chat interface is actually quite beneficial for support purposes. It allows members to take their time and reflect on what their reading and writing.  It also allows for members to access their messages any time of the day and even go back to old messages to gain further learning if nessesary.

If face to face contact is important to you, have you considered in person support groups?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everyone,

I haven't posted on here in a while and find reading the forum posts really useful, but there's a part of me that wishes there could be a more interactive, support-group style atmosphere for people in similar situations. From my experience just being able to talk to people face to face, even if its via skype, web cam, or some interactive chat room thing is a lot more helpful and personal. I haven't been able to find any of those out there though. Does anyone know of any?

Thanks

Reading this thread: