Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

learning something new....

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bren

I tried to learn German when I was working with a couple of German friends. They told me I had it all wrong. Even they could not agree among themselves. I tried French with mixed results. I might have half a chance now. If My accent doesn't make Sunny laugh too hard. 

Nothing though is going to get me to eat oysters. And I'm past five pounds extra but it was so good. Still is. 

Davit.

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bren67:  Bonne et Heureuse Annee - 2012.  Sounds wonderful!  I made some liver pate and served it with Camembert, Breton crackers and I have some oysters I plan to use for New Year's Eve.  Just need the champagne now....:-)

Guess I'll need to walk off those extra 5 lbs. I'm putting on over the holidays. lol

Sunny
12 years ago 0 424 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Carmi...
I always am trying new things,,,,this year is all about being french,food,movies,skin care,perfumes,and learning to speak french too...last year ot was all about germany,iam not german,but i did give it a good try,never got to far with speaking it,hard to learn for me,but french..may be better!
Yes,i plan to stay home with my husband have my brie cheese and champange!
Happy New year to you too!
Bren
Davitt,that sounds so good,and i too make my own ,it taste so much better!
I may come see you and have dinner some time!
Bren
Bren.

Tomorrow we are buying half a pig and will cut and wrap it. We already have a lamb in the freezer. So it looks like New Years will be pork roast. I do like lamb. 
We grind left overs with ground hot Italian sausage and mix it with fried onions and brown Basmati rice. This we stuff sweet bell peppers with. Speaking of cabbage we make our own sauerkraut. Much firmer than the over processed store bought. Different taste too.
My thing to learn is how to make hard cheese some time in the future.

Davit
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bren67, your New Year's menu looks magnifique!!  Even reading about it is delightful.  I hope you share a wonderful meal with people you love.  Happy New Year to you!

I will definitely be thinking of something new to learn.  I am very happy with my life but I recognize that doing the same things all the time will always produce the same results.  It would be nice to make some improvements!
I am still working on my French, and cooking too,as we get ready for the new year,ill be serving French chanpain,baby brie cheese,toped with bell pepper jelly and breton crackers too..new years day..black eyed peas,cabbage,and roast lamb!
Happy New year!
Bren
Oh yes, but when it is good a little goes a long way.

About once a year I make Brioche. It takes time and is very rich but oh so good. To balance it I make French bread which has nothing in it special except a touch of ginger. No eggs and no milk.

Bon appetite

Davit.
Real butter,real cream oh my.!!!
But once in a while...its nice to let go and enjoy!
Bren
I hope you are going to be disgusting and use real butter instead of that spray for the pan. I have a little non nylon brush for that.

Sounds terrific, enjoy.

Davit.

Reading this thread: