Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Sticking to it...

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Layne:  Congratulations on balance and knowing what you want to do.  There are some sessions I did two or three times.  No rush, work at your own pace for sure.  Glad to hear you are seeing some positives! yay.

Sunny
12 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Layne,

I'm so pleased to hear you are feeling a positive change in yourself as a result of working through the program and taking a supplement that works for you!  It takes a lot of dedication and determination - but you're proving to yourself you can do it and you are surely an inspiration to others.
Stick close to your goal of working through the program at a reasonable pace.  Recognize when you may feel overwhelmed and take a break when you need to.
Continue to post and let us know how you are doing!  

What aspect of the program have you found helpful or insightful this week?

Vincenza, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Layne,
I remember being told that i had my own "emotional timetable", as I believe we all do.

Can you give yourself permission to take your time?
12 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just under a week in, and I'm happy to report that with the help of the coping/challenging tools I have gained from this site and recently starting a supplement Seredyn I have noticed a decrease in feelings of panic and a welcomed optimism in my attitude. Fortunately it's not a manic high that sends me to the other side of the spectrum, but just being able to manage my day and most importantly nights and all that they include.

As far as goals are concerned, I am just foucsing on taking my time and working my way through the sessions, I don't want to rush it because afterall it isn't a race, but I am eager so I'm trying to keep that in check and use that eagerness to thoroughly explore each session.

12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Still Sticking to it and then some!!!

Well I am still sticking to it and all is well ..I had a couple setbacks a sore ankle and a financial issue to take care of but I have bounced back pretty quickly this time..I am still doing my walks and really looking forward to them now...I have found that the more I get out, the more I crave it and the more I want to do...I find it very difficult to spend my days tied to the computer and the Internet world now...My world is so much larger now...I can't hold myself back any longer..That would be way to depressing..I came here to get well and I have done that...Now it's time to really start enjoying my life and all the world has to offer me...I am looking forward to doing all the things I missed out on doing while I was sick.....I am free again and loving it...

Keep working the program everybody..It really does work...

Red......
 ~M,

Let whatever you do today, be enough...I have got to say I really like this quote you put up..Thanks so much for sharing it...

That is what I did today and I am going to let myself rest and relax for the next few days...This quote really helps me to do that.  The last couple of days have been really hard with all the exposure and asserting myself at the bank..I am glad I asserted myself and didn't give up and finally got what I really wanted today at the bank... The above quote reminds me that it is now time to let myself unwind and relax from my recent exposure...I am a little burned out at this point..and it really is ok and necessary to relax now and take care of myself....

Red....
Hi anerol.. I didn't make for my walk today either..I kind of over did it yesterday...my ankle is still healing..

I want to congratulate you on calling your doctor today even if you did get a answering machine and couldn't talk to the doctor like you wanted to. The point is you made the call...Bravo!!! This is the first big step towards reaching your goal.        I am very proud of you!!!
As for me I have some banking I need to do today..It's a once a year or so thing..I started out with a 3 month plan, 6yrs ago and now I have worked my way up to a 5 yr plan which I will be doing today...The funny thing about it is, I feel really good about it. The only thing I am still having problems with is leaving the house and going into the bank, this is the hard part for me..The agoraphobia and exposure is something I continue to working on..I will be happy to get back home and rest for the day..

Well gotta get dressed and get out the door now...
Talk to you later.
Red.....

I am very proud of you!!

Well got to get ready and get out the door soon...I'll be happy to get back home again and rest for a while...

Red....
12 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red, yes,  I really liked that quote too.  Today I couldn't go out to my morning walk either.. had a not so good  night, but I'm feeling much better now.
I guess my goal is for me to make that appointment with the doctor and therapist. It had been my new years resolution but... oh no, it's already August. 

This discussion of perfectionism made me think of expectations.. I will write it in another discussion. 
Hi everyone...
Since this forum title is about Goal Setting and Exposure Planning......
I was wondering if anyone else would like to share some of the goals they have set for themselves? and how they are going about achieving their them?  It is always interesting to hear about what others are doing and how they are doing it....

Red....

Josie,

Thank you as always!! Your encouragement and support really does mean a lot to me!!

You know what, I am proud of me too!!!

Red

Reading this thread: