Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,507 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Going to quit tomorrow

5 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Kenny1989!

Congrats on getting started. Having past relapses is actually a good sign. The more times you have attempted to quit before, the more wisdom you gain. What triggered your last relapse? How were you able to make it 13 days then?
Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well done Kenny!

Get reading!! The quit is right there in front of you. If you want it, grab it - it's yours!!

One day at a time, half-a-day if necessary or hourly of 15 minute segments. Just don't smoke. Not One Puff Ever!!!

Whatever it takes to ride out the cravings, just do it. They will not last. Tough it out and you will be a winner. My mantra during those difficult crave times in the early days of my quit was "I have no need nor desire to smoke" which I repeated endlessly until the crave passed. It worked! Over time the gap between craves gets longer and the craves themselves get weaker until they are no longer a problem. I no longer craves cigarettes and haven't done for years!!

It's a hard climb but once you reach the mountain-top, the view of the other side is exhilarating. You'll know when you get there. Join us!!

Good Luck,
Penitent  
  • Quit Meter

$56,749.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1124 Hours: 0

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you very much I'm going to dig into this website and all the forums and see what I can find i appreciate it
  • Quit Meter

$408,681.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5958 Hours: 17

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kenny1989,
 It's good to hear that you are not giving up trying to quit smoking.  The patch should help you with the physical part of your quit and let you concentrate on the mental part. I too quit with the help of the patch. 
 There are all kinds of tips and hints for quitting buried here in these forums. I'd suggest starting off by going through the "my program" at the top of the page. It has some good tips and hints and helps prepare you for the pitfalls that lay ahead.
 Some of the gizmos that helped me at the start were things to keep my hands busy. Rubber bands, stress balls, a plastic straw. I used the straw to mimic smoking and at least for me, it did help to curb the urge. Do a search of these forums with keywords like tip or quitting aids and you'll find a boatload of different things other people have used to help them on their quit journey. 
 I wish you the best on your new quit journey. Stay strong and watch out for all those triggers.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,189.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 16

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Luck Kenny,

All the tips and advice you could ever want or need are here in the pages and pages of archive pain and suffering!!!

Seriously, it is all here and I suggest you read and read and read.

You can do this if you really want to but look no further than today. Today I will not smoke. Take it one day at a time.

Penitent 5,178 days smokefree 

• Quit Meter

$56,749.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1124 Hours: 0

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everybody I'm having another crack at this quitting thing I quit a month ago and went strong for 13 days but went back to smoking I used the patch and going to throw one on tomorrow..I have to quit for my 9 year old daughter and for myself I was wondering if anyone has good advice or tips on quitting aids or anything to help me quit I would appreciate it
  • Quit Meter

$408,681.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5958 Hours: 17

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: