Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,507 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

Quitting on Friday

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi York Quitter,
 Today is your day, are you a quitter now? How are you doing?
Keep us posted on your progress, and stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,189.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 16

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck York!  Are you a cold-turkey quitter or do you have a plan to use quit products?  I hope you check in here every day, our quit dates are so close together it would be nice to have a buddy of sorts :)
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi York Quitter,
 Welcome to the site. It sounds like you have a great attitude to help you on your quit journey. That attitude plays a big part on whether or not you will succeed, as does the confidence. Keep them both with you at all times! Nervous, anxious and excited, you said it all in that sentence. Quitting can be nerve racking and scary if you're not prepared for all of the pitfalls and triggers that lay ahead. Hope you're prepared for those "stupid reasons" that trapped you when you quit before. We do learn from our mistakes.  Since you've quit before, you know what to expect on your journey, and it really does sound like you are prepared for the fight. Stay strong and keep us posted on your progress.

Not One Puff Ever.

• Quit Meter

$23,189.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 16

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Friday is my quit day. I'm nervous, anxious and excited. Nervous because I'm having those nagging doubts that I can succeed. Anxious because I want to quit so badly and excited because I've waited so long for this to happen and now that I've made up my mind, I just want to get on with it now. I've quit twice before, once for 10 months and the second time for 6 months. Both of them were great quits that I gave up for stupid reasons. The last time was 5 years ago and although I've tried to quit during that time, I've been lazy about it and never put everything I had into it. This time is going to be different though! I've been planning for my quit date for weeks now and it's very much a part of my conscious thoughts. For the past few weeks, I have taken steps to make sure that things go as planned through the first few days. I'm feeling strong and confident.
  • Quit Meter

$24,307.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 222 Hours: 17

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: