Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,508 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise

9 days OMG

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tinkstinks,
 Welcome to the site and congratulations on being 9 days quit!  Keep that "can do" attitude with you at all times too, it does help. Weight gain is one of the side effects of quitting smoking. Instead of puffing on a cigarette, you've replaced that vice with eating instead. It can get out of hand if you're not careful, but smoking is a lot worse for you. Once you get your quit under control, then you can start concentrating on the weight gain issue. What you eat can make a big difference too. Fruits and veggies are better for you than sweets and salty snacks. Drinking lots of water helps to make you fill full too. Exercise always helps to burn off calories, something as simple as walking. Check out the other forum on here about smoking cessation and weight gain. There may be some good tips in there that will work for you. 
Stay strong and watch out for the triggers that are everywhere! 

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,189.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 771 Hours: 17

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well after several attempts in the past 29 years that I have smoked I feel that I can really do it this time.  Cravings have been up n down but I can say I have gone the distance n got through them.  My throat is feeling sore today but I understand that is quite normal as my body is healing. The only down side is really I am eating. I am eating so so much the 4stone I lost is going to be right back on n that scares me. So if anyone has any tips . Please please pass them on 

• Quit Meter

$358,277.01

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5156 Hours: 22

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: