Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Day 4 for me

6 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great work Jayhawk!

I am so glad you are already seeing progress. How did you reward yourself for the one month mark?
Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Just checking in.. My quit is still going strong.. over a month now.. I have noticed a big change in the last week.. No real gravings anymore.. occasionally I think about having a cig, but it passes quickly now.
  • Quit Meter

$8,666.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 380 Hours: 23

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Still going strong.. Day 16, still smoke free!! Also I only used the gum for the first 7 days, but have not since.. it's nice to get rid of nicotine once and for all. Honestly the last few days have been the hardest. I find the work week to be easier since I am distracted all day at work. I never smoked at work too which I am sure helps. To avoid slipping, I have been keeping myself busy/ distracted by doing yard work, watching tv shows/movies, walking on the treadmill, and biking with the kids. It is good not to have to plan my life around smoke breaks.. I always made a point of not smoking inside or around my kids. I know I am not out of the woods yet, but I do think it will get better.. cravings seem to be a little bit better today.
  • Quit Meter

$8,666.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I have just joined stop smoking center -  I have just stopped smoking i.e. stopped on 29th June 2017 therefore just about done 5 weeks.  I have been smoking for 50 years 35 cigs a day which is some going and I have managed to stop.  It is not the easiest thing in the world, but it is possible.  I definitely feel a lot better for stopping and in fact in the first week felt a lot of benefit e.g. no longer coughing at night and bringing up as much phlem.  I know it has to come out as there is a lot of rubbish inside after smoking for so long and so many.    I have saved an awful lot of money and feel a lot better for the stop.  I am using nrt gum/ ordinary gum inhalator.  I did use vaping on occasions but think it makes this harder i.e. phlem is coming back when i use them.  I hope you manage to stop, you need to change your routine i.e. triggers of where and when you smoke and keep busy, walk, drink plenty of cold water, do puzzles, knit, painting anything to occupy your mind when it roams onto telling you you want a smoke.  Dont let it dictate to you ever.  You are in charge, not the smoking goblin.  Let me know how you are going on 
  • Quit Meter

$754,974.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 4

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

Congrats on your success. It sounds like you are very confident in your quit which will serve you if/when times get tough. In the morning and after work are high trigger times for many people. Have you thought of anyways to distract yourself during those times?

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi all It has been 4 days since my last smoke. I smoked about 10 cigs a day for 18 years. I am using nicotine gum to help with the cravings.. overall it hasn't been too difficult so far. I know I have a long way to go, but so far it's not too bad. My toughest times are first thing in the morning or right after work (I didn't smoke at the office).
  • Quit Meter

$8,666.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: