Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Day 3

10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi missjkh,

I remember all those crazy feelings when I was tapering off. Hang in there. You will survive this.

One good thing to look forward to: After you have that final cigarette, it will take 3 days to get the nicotine out of your system. After that, the anxiety and crazy mood swings will stop.

In the meantime, go ahead and be nice to yourself. If you have to sleep, that's fine. If you have to eat, that's fine. If you have to cry, that's fine. ...(Just don't do or say anything to hurt anyone, and you should be OK.) 

Please keep checking in.  

• Quit Meter

$22,510.65

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 601 Hours: 17

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Missjkh!

At first, this journey can be an emotional roller coaster!  Your brain and body are going through the withdrawal process of a very powerful and addictive drug.  When you smoke, your brain rewards you!   Your brain wants it's fix!  Somehow you have to replace that fix with a substitute.  That's where rewards come in.  Rewards make your brain happy!  So, spend some time figuring out a reward system that you think will work for you!  Do a search here on the Forums on rewards to find threads of what others have used.  I think that there is a thread entitled Low Cost or No Cost Rewards. 

Also, I believe that there is a section on rewards in the Program.  A book that may also be helpful to you is The Easy Way to Quit, by Alan Carr.  Check it out.

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,220.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 8

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm off work today so I slept as much as possible for fear of slipping .. I know as long as I'm asleep I won't smoke .. Yesterday I had 3 total cigs .. 3 falling apart/crying spells .. My 16 yr old daughter said I was acting like her .. Lol.. Anyway I'm hoping to get thru today with no smoking at all!! I am still feeling detached and down but it's ok I know it will pass .. I think the detachment is necessary for me to quit ... Thank you all for the encouragement and tips !! I'm do glad I found this site!

Reading this thread: