Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

quitting in two days and nervous

11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Max, not to worry get right back on that horse when your ready and you will quit...

Hi Cherri..Congrats your doing great..keep watching those day add up..

Hi Humble..Congrats to you on keeping quit..each day quit is a major victory..

Red...

11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey max,

I read somewhere that cravings peak on Day 3. Realize that is also the last day in which nicotine will be in your system. After that, the physical craving stops.

In my case, I got kind of an image of a little addict inside of me, running all around my body to find any remaining, un-used molecules of nicotine. On Day 3, that little addict got very demanding, since the last little bits were about to be deleted. Lots of internal addict screaming and demanding at that point. (Kind of similar to how the real addict-me-would get anxious over the idea of having only a few cigarettes left.) 

However, there was also this "break point" for me. That was when, I assume, all nicotine had finally been used up at some point on Day 3. At that point, I literally breathed a big "ahhhh" sigh of relief as my body relaxed. The physical part was over at that point. 

I'm bummed that you didn't get to the "ahhhh" point. I'm looking forward to your next attempt. And realize that the high-anxiety, screaming inner addict will stop as soon as your body wrings out those last bits of nicotine sometime on Day 3. You just have to hold out until that point to feel it. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,778.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 608 Hours: 20

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Max!!!

With enough practice, we all eventually get it right!  Learn those triggers and come up with ways to cope with them!  That's the way it's done.  Also, timing can be a key to our success.  You'll know when it's your time.  In the mean time, just continue reading and learning and preparing!  

What not to do???  Do not beat yourself up over slipping!  Get right back up on that horse after you've dusted yourself off.  We're all rooting for you!

Hey Cherri!!!

Welcome to the SSC!!!  Give us a little intro when you have a spare moment!  It IS hard and it most certainly does suck, but as you say, we CAN do it!  

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,610.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1067 Hours: 14

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello max  Sounds like me a few short years back. I didn't last the morning sometimes with all of my good intentions. The full hell of withdrawal didn't kick in until day three and I remember it well. Who could forget ? I couldn't stay stopped until I got mad as hell at my addiction. I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to accept my life the way it is any longer. It took time to learn how to be a smoker and it takes time to learn how to relace the addiction with better choices. We have to learn how to live all over again. Stay close and when you are ready try again. We're here to support you no matter what. Keep trying and eventually you'll be able to kick this addiction to the curb. Excellent for you. breather
11 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Okay okay......I am gratefull to all the support that's come towards myself and the other quitter's. My own non smoking situation has not, 'ahem' persisted beyond halfway through day three.....I am ashamed. Circumstances in my life precipitated a bit of a too much-too fast-too soon situation. Please please bear with me and I will write a proper account of my perculiar situation. At the very least it will help me be able to start staying stopped. Although I do appreciate intellectually there cannot be any reasonable or honest reason to pick up ciggarettes....This community is so important to me
11 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Max, (and Humble & Cherri,)

I quote you, "However things are in my life they will be better as a non smoker and I can't allow myself to forget that one vital point."

That is it in a nutshell Max.  If you keep that at the forefront of your mind, even as you fight a crave, you will win the battle in the end!

Do read Working On It's post in Coping with cravings..." Thoughts for the Newbies... and oldies too!  -  a very good timeline and guide to help you through.

Don't forget - WHATEVER IT TAKES, JUST DON'T SMOKE!

Love Lolly.  
11 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,

This is very hard,an it SUCKS.But we can do it
11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Max and Humble!

NOPE... one day at a time!  

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,610.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1067 Hours: 14

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My early morning walk was good this morning without all the junk I used to carry around in my pockets.
I will not smoke today. 
11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations again to Humble and max. By the time you read this, I suspect you'll both be into at least Day 3!
  • Quit Meter

$22,778.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 608 Hours: 20

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: