Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Stress

16 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dennis, It may be a little of the male menopause going on with you. It comes from lower testosterone. It's true men get it, just like women do, and you're at that age. My husband is going thru it also & he can be a real grouch sometimes, just like me. Good luck [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,365 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336.47 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
16 years ago 0 31 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks cabbage39. I'm appreciative of your input. Water it is, at our board meeting on Tues. I'm pretty much back on my game this will help alot. ;)Cheers. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 423 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,547.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 77 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 74 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dennis, A water bottle saved my bacon a couple of times at work. Some time ago I had to give a presentation at a meeting and I knew that there were a few people present who would love nothing more than to throw me off my game....the coping tool? a bottle of water. It takes .05 seconds to make a thoughtless remark...taking a 6 second sip and swallow of water buys a lot of gather your wits time :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 560 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,200.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Thanks Alo. I checked out the threads and it seems to make sense I'll have to try it, sooner than later. I just seem to be in a bad frame of mind lately. Thanks again for the input. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 422 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,536.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 77 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dennis, I think we all experience situations that irritate us, and most of us probably have people in our lives who at times try to get our goat (no offense, mercy). But, i would think that after a year without cigarettes, the anger and nervousness is not so much related to that. Have you seen a doctor? Or tried to reframe the situation? If you do a search here, you can find a couple of excellent posts on reframing written by Ellerton and Sandidge & Ward. I think they are in the CBT Day threads somewhere. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 365 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,482.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Hi everybody the stressful situations I've encountered have been mostly work related. It would seem that one of my employees is pushing my buttons now that he has learned that I've quit smoking. I neeed to learn to turn it off. Also at the board meetings I attend I seem to heat up for no apparent reason, becoming unsure of myself and nervous as hell. Never experienced this to much before . Has anyone had these experiences? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 422 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,536.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 77 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the vibes, Greger!! You're right, we ALL have to think positive ALL the time to free ourselves from this addiction!!! I try to put on my strong man face every time I come on here and preach P.M.A., but sometimes my guts are aching and I'm just waiting for it to go away!!! Due to a couple of stress events this week, I have had a couple crave episodes that were even stronger than ones I had in the beginning! I guess that's why I have been on here so much in the last couple of weeks!!! Get a little stress... get a little crave going on... get on here and praise and encourage everyone else... my way of self talk and thinking positively to myself!!! As I've said before... I really don't think I could be doing this without this site and everyone here! So you see, A1, I really might be "faking it till I make it", but I'll never admit it!! ;) Have a great Easter!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$44,227.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 14

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 248 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jim that positive attitude will see you through even if you have to "fake it til you make it" sometimes. The wonderful thing about this site is the constant positive vibe maintained by the quitters and the staff. I'm pulling for you pal and I've got nothing but positive thoughts about you and the great quit you've got going! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 216 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,184 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $907.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, A1 !!! Don't be jealous, though!!! I'm just putting on a good front to keep you all thinking positive!!! ;) I figure that if I keep putting out all of these positive vibes, maybe I'll start receiving them back!!! LOL You're doing great, kiddo!!! Keep up the great quit!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$44,227.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 14

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jim, You certainly seems to have a very positive handle on things. I am very jealous. You are doing a great job. Keep it up!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $393.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31

Reading this thread: