Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I slipped

16 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ginette, never feel guilty, be tranquil, stay well and lots of good luck. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 315 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $315.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 43 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$295,191.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 14

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm on Day 2 Alphabet. It's going well so far...have small cravings but those I can manage. That posting on the wall really makes a difference. I should have thought about that a lot sooner. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.94 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$56,572.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 781 Hours: 0

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ginette! Day 2 is going very well for me! How about you? You have completed 2 days though and are working on your 3rd right? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
We sure can be buddies, AlphabetJ. How's your second day going? It's good thing to keep a list...doesn't matter where you put it as long as it's accessible. I like mine on the wall next to me. It's a powerful motivator. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.94 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
  • Quit Meter

$56,572.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Gin. My hubby kept his quit list in his pocket where his cigs used to live, when he reached for them he got his list. If you need help - post HELP - before you know it we are there. Wait for 10 replies, while you are waiting - read read read. Not One Puff Ever - N.O.P.E. Gin. You can do it. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 221 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $386.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ginette! I don't know if you read my update on my "Hi! I'm new..." thread/post but I am working on one day right now too. I am not sure exactly what quit buddies do (maybe someone with experience can chime in here...) but I do know they have close quit dates. Maybe we can be buddies? Also, I have eaten about 12 hershey kisses today while at my desk - yes I think it's fair to say the crave for the sweets is on! I suck on them though, they last much longer that way lol! I'm right here with you girl!! I believe in you!! J [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
Thanks for the advice everybody. I am quitting this terrible habit. I posted my pro list next to me in the living-room. I'll keep it there until I know it's ok to put it down. I'm taking deep breaths and avoiding the HALT...Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired. I'm going to read some more posts. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15.47 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$56,572.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I read your post earlier today, but didn't have time to respond. I have been thinking about you and your "slip". Several people on this site know all about my "slips"/"relapses". Can't say I am proud of them and I would never recommend someone to quit the way I did. I am not a role model when it comes to quitting. But I can say I am a role model on never ever giving up. Why I had so many "slips", I just wanted to see if I could get by with it. I would think "oh I can have one, who would know." The monster knew and he/she loved it. Or I would think this is just to dam hard and I WANT TO SMOKE, DARN IT!!! (different language eg:) I could go on and on but I am sure you get the drift. This addiction had a grip on me and it just didn't go away. There are so many tools out there. You could call your doctor, you could search the web on quitting, you could and should work the tools to the left. There are so many options, the biggest is the willingness to quit. I got so darn sick and tired of coming here and telling everyone that I had "slipped." I am sure I let many of them down, but not nearly as much a I had let myself down again. We can help, but you have to do the work. You control the fact that you are the one and only one who lights up and smoke. Just don't ever and I mean ever give on quitting. You are so worth it. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 224 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $336.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 30 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Gin. How did I know you were stubborn? LOL. Just a reminder - don't forget the rewards. Figure out your daily, weekly and monthly rewards (hourly, or even by the minute or second if you need them!). The rewards are everything - you are doing something mammoth and you deserve treaties for every time you "beat" a crave or reach a milestone. As for these slips, I'm sure you will look back one day too and realise that they actually helped you learn a lot. Keep breathing those deep breaths! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $936.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gin, I remember the other threads you started, you got some great advice there after you slipped then, and some ideas - I guess my question is what will you do this time differently now then you did before? I didn't see you ask for help, just that you slipped, did you ask? The advise you got in those threads are from some awesome quitters, those tactics work, maybe reviewing that is a good idea. When you want to quit more than you want to smoke - you will. I hope you do :) Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 221 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $386.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16

Reading this thread: