Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

After numerous attempts

5 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, how is your journey going? I am working on tapering off smoking (using a vape). Just keep your head up and remember why you are quitting.
  • Quit Meter

$170,310.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7408 Hours: 10

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

I am so glad you are ready to be finished with this nasty addiction. As you mentioned, the first few weeks will be tough but the end result will be more then worth it. You will feel better, smell better, look better, heck you will even have more money. What`s not to be happy about? I can't wait to read about your successes. We are also here for the tough bits of course :) 

Ashley, Health Educator
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Melissa,
 Happy thoughts headed your way. I too quit on October 31, 5 years ago tomorrow. I smoked for over 37 years, pack a day or more. I'm here to tell you that it CAN be done! Here's a thought for you today. Imagine yourself sometime in the near future, being a quitter. Filling your lungs with nothing but clean fresh air.  In the beginning of your quit, don't worry or think too much about the future. Concentrate on the here and now. Just take it one day, one hour, one minute at a time. The time will add up rather quickly on it's own. Before you know it, hell week will be over and you will be into heck week. Then comes the blah weeks. Before you know it December will be here and you will have been a quitter for a whole month. 
 If you have the time, I'd suggest going through the "my program" at the top of the page. It has some tips on helping you along your quit journey. There is also a LOT of great hints and tips hidden in these forums, you just have to uncover and discover them. READ READ READ. The more you know about what to expect, the easier it will be to deal with it when it happens. Keep us posted on your progress okay?
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,232.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 773 Hours: 4

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, I'm Melissa, and tomorrow (Oct 31st) is going to be my "official" quit day. I say official because I'm absolutely sick of trying and giving up within 10 days. I JUST WANT TO BE DONE! I'm 41 and have smoked a pack to a pack and a half per day since I was 16. I've been telling myself all day today that "you're gonna just have to deal with any ickyness you feel from the quit, as it isn't gonna last forever". This is the first group I've ever joined. I turned to this group because, even though I've read a lot of encouraging posts online during previous attempts, I feel it might be of more help to me to get encouragement that is directed right to me. Knowing myself, I KNOW if I can get past the 2 week mark, I'll be golden. So if anyone reading this could just give me a daily dose of happy thoughts, I'd much appreciate it ??
  • Quit Meter

$19,636.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 213 Hours: 8

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: